Setup Questions

countryboy

Setup Questions

Post by countryboy »

I've never used a media sever before so this is all new to me and after installing the 2 week trial I'm a little lost. First in Settings under Device my device is not listed a Oppo BDP-93 BD player so I just selected something and the server seems to work with it.

How do you actually have it list my Oppo BDP-93 and connect using it's profile or is it necessary as long as the server works with your device regardless of what's listed under Devices?

I wanted to try to get ESPN and Hulu to work and after dragging and dropping the file you've provided I can see they are both listed under Podcasts. My problem is the Podcast folder does not show up when I'm using the server to connect through my Oppo so what is the issue?
Eugene

Re: Setup Questions

Post by Eugene »

countryboy wrote:I've never used a media sever before so this is all new to me and after installing the 2 week trial I'm a little lost. First in Settings under Device my device is not listed a Oppo BDP-93 BD player so I just selected something and the server seems to work with it.

How do you actually have it list my Oppo BDP-93 and connect using it's profile or is it necessary as long as the server works with your device regardless of what's listed under Devices?

I wanted to try to get ESPN and Hulu to work and after dragging and dropping the file you've provided I can see they are both listed under Podcasts. My problem is the Podcast folder does not show up when I'm using the server to connect through my Oppo so what is the issue?
Settings - Device - turn off "Exclude empty folders during the transfer to the UPnP device"
By the right mouse button in the folder tree on selected subfolder "Hulu", you can update the list of podcasts.
countryboy

Post by countryboy »

Eugene you actually didn't answer my question about how it doesn't list my Oppo BDP device profile under "Devices", are you saying as long as it works it's not necessary just pick any device listed?

I unchecked the item you listed and now Podcasts and Hulu now does show up for me but say I want to watch Season 1 of The Big Valley is there any way to do this and have all episodes listed? Under Action and Adventure The Big Valley does not show up in the 20 items listed under Hulu/Channels/Action & Adventure in your media server. I noticed on Hulu's site there are sub divisions under Action & Adventure like "Westerns" but your server evidently lists everything with no sub divisions.

Is there anyway to have your media server show your Hulu queue?

Is there anyway to have my iTunes Playlist folder listed somewhere and if so how do I do that? I noticed there is an Playlist folder (empty) under "Music" it would be nice to put the iTunes Playlist there but maybe that's not possible outside of the iTunes folder.

How come when files show up inside of a folder within your media server sometimes when trying to observe these files from a device they don't show up only the folder does?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

countryboy wrote:Eugene you actually didn't answer my question about how it doesn't list my Oppo BDP device profile under "Devices", are you saying as long as it works it's not necessary just pick any device listed?
If the device is not listed, you can choose "DLNA Device (version 1.0, 16:9, 720x406)", "DLNA Device (version 1.5, 16:9, 720x406)".
countryboy wrote: I unchecked the item you listed and now Podcasts and Hulu now does show up for me but say I want to watch Season 1 of The Big Valley is there any way to do this and have all episodes listed? Under Action and Adventure The Big Valley does not show up in the 20 items listed under Hulu/Channels/Action & Adventure in your media server. I noticed on Hulu's site there are sub divisions under Action & Adventure like "Westerns" but your server evidently lists everything with no sub divisions.
Is there anyway to have your media server show your Hulu queue?
On the pages of Hulu exists the orange RSS icon. You can copy the URL of the icon into the clipboard - WMS - select the folder "Hulu" - right click - Add podcast - Link - paste link from clipboard - Ok - right click - Update podcast. Hulu restriction: 20 episodes only.
countryboy wrote: Is there anyway to have my iTunes Playlist folder listed somewhere and if so how do I do that? I noticed there is an Playlist folder (empty) under "Music" it would be nice to put the iTunes Playlist there but maybe that's not possible outside of the iTunes folder.
You can import playlists Internet resources (m3u, m3u8, pls-format). Drag and drop a playlist file from Windows Explorer to the main form of program. May be useful: Help - Contents - "The formation of collections of films, music playlists, photo albums (the main form of the program)"
countryboy wrote: How come when files show up inside of a folder within your media server sometimes when trying to observe these files from a device they don't show up only the folder does?
Many devices do caching of information, need to learn, when it updates the cache (reselect the device, restart server from folder Service)
countryboy

Post by countryboy »

countryboy wrote: Is there anyway to have my iTunes Playlist folder listed somewhere and if so how do I do that? I noticed there is an Playlist folder (empty) under "Music" it would be nice to put the iTunes Playlist there but maybe that's not possible outside of the iTunes folder.
You can import playlists Internet resources (m3u, m3u8, pls-format). Drag and drop a playlist file from Windows Explorer to the main form of program. May be useful: Help - Contents - "The formation of collections of films, music playlists, photo albums (the main form of the program)"
Eugene I'm wanting Wild Media to display my iTune's Playlists not some Internet source. I know when I tried out Twonky (not as good as Wild Media) it automatically scanned my iTune's Folder and listed my iTune's Playlists... I added my iTunes Folder to Media-resources to scan but it doesn't list my iTune's Playlists.

Also suddenly Wild Media is not playing my PCM files which it had been doing all I'm getting is hiss. I tried having it rescan my folders and restart the server but it still won't play them.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

countryboy wrote: Also suddenly Wild Media is not playing my PCM files which it had been doing all I'm getting is hiss. I tried having it rescan my folders and restart the server but it still won't play them.
Try to remove them from the list of supported: Settings - Device - Embedded file support - Music or Settings - Server - "The list of authorized client devices" - choose a device - Edit - Settings - Embedded file support - Music
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

countryboy wrote: Eugene I'm wanting Wild Media to display my iTune's Playlists not some Internet source. I know when I tried out Twonky (not as good as Wild Media) it automatically scanned my iTune's Folder and listed my iTune's Playlists... I added my iTunes Folder to Media-resources to scan but it doesn't list my iTune's Playlists.
This is possible through a script processing media resources (no ready solution)
countryboy

Post by countryboy »

Eugene wrote:
countryboy wrote: Also suddenly Wild Media is not playing my PCM files which it had been doing all I'm getting is hiss. I tried having it rescan my folders and restart the server but it still won't play them.
Try to remove them from the list of supported: Settings - Device - Embedded file support - Music or Settings - Server choose a device - Edit - Settings - Embedded file support - Music
I follow you up to the point Embedded file support - Music but I don't get what to do are you wanting me to delete all the files or just Wav file? I also don't understand the directions Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - Embedded file support - Music?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

countryboy wrote: I follow you up to the point Embedded file support - Music but I don't get what to do are you wanting me to delete all the files or just Wav file?
Just wav
countryboy wrote: I also don't understand the directions Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - Embedded file support - Music?
If you use individual settings of devices: Settings - Server - "The list of authorized client devices" - choose a device - Edit - Settings - Embedded file support - Music
countryboy

Post by countryboy »

I deleted the Wav file but since this is a Wild Media Trial is this why I'm not seeing/understanding the steps you listed?