Access the server fron HTTP Web Service

brianstivala

Access the server fron HTTP Web Service

Post by brianstivala »

Hi All,

I'm new to Wild Media Server and I have a very simple question to ask but I think it's complicated to achive it :)
I want to use the server only on web access HTTP, I've searched a bit here on the forum and I did everything according to experts here in forum but still no luck. Can anyone help me with this, all I want is to access the server from the web and play music from the browser in my home local network, then maybe if I have enough luck I'll try to port forwarding the IP on my router and have an external connection.

Thanks for you support hope to hear from you soon!!

Regards,

Brian
Eugene

Re: Access the server fron HTTP Web Service

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
brianstivala wrote: I'm new to Wild Media Server and I have a very simple question to ask but I think it's complicated to achive it :)
I want to use the server only on web access HTTP, I've searched a bit here on the forum and I did everything according to experts here in forum but still no luck. Can anyone help me with this, all I want is to access the server from the web and play music from the browser in my home local network, then maybe if I have enough luck I'll try to port forwarding the IP on my router and have an external connection.
Settings - Device - Web-navigation - "Change the address server in the playlist"
brianstivala

Post by brianstivala »

Hi Eugene,

I've tried as you suggested but still no access. I dont know what to do anymore I'v tried everything.
Please any suggestions to try??

Thanks

Regards,

Brian
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

brianstivala wrote:
I've tried as you suggested but still no access. I dont know what to do anymore I'v tried everything.
Please any suggestions to try??
Works on the computer where you installed WMS without changing address ?
brianstivala

Post by brianstivala »

Hi Eugene,

Even if I try to access on the web browser the same IP address that Server is installed, No access at all the loading page loading continous then the famous page cannot be found.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

brianstivala wrote: Even if I try to access on the web browser the same IP address that Server is installed, No access at all the loading page loading continous then the famous page cannot be found.
Set a permanent server port? Opens a page with specified address:port?
brianstivala

Post by brianstivala »

Hi Eugene,

What do you mean by that?
Set a permanent server port how can I do this. Appologies for this but as I told I'm a newbie on this one.

Regards,

Brian
brianstivala

Post by brianstivala »

Hi Eugene,

Attached you can find my settings, maybe im missing something here.
Media Device Settings Web Navigation.jpg
Media Device Settings Web Navigation.jpg (140.21 KiB) Viewed 5688 times
Server Parameters Settings.jpg
Server Parameters Settings.jpg (107.95 KiB) Viewed 5688 times
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

brianstivala wrote: What do you mean by that?
Set a permanent server port how can I do this. Appologies for this but as I told I'm a newbie on this one.
http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... hp?f=3&t=6
To access the server through a viewer Internet (mobile phones, PDAs) need to turn on the Web, specify the constant server port under server configuration - the field "Port" (the value from 1024 to 65535). Access to the server from the viewer Internet - http://IP-addres server:server port. IP-address of the server can be found in the configuration section of the server program-list of allowed network connections - Search.
brianstivala

Post by brianstivala »

Hi Eugene,

My settings are ok? cause im still with no access, is this that hard to have an access?

Regards,

Brian Stivala