Extra media folders displayed

harbinger1080

Extra media folders displayed

Post by harbinger1080 »

I have a very specific way that I'd like to display my media (keeps things simple for the wife and grandmother...).

I have a WDTV Live, and I would like to only display the watched folders for each media type. In 1.04, when I go to Videos, I see Movies, Music, Photo, and Service. Is there any way to conceal this level of the hierarchy? I actually only use this for video, never photos or music, so ideally, if they were gone entirely I'd be alright.

Any help you can provide is appreciated!
Eugene

Re: Extra media folders displayed

Post by Eugene »

harbinger1080 wrote:I have a very specific way that I'd like to display my media (keeps things simple for the wife and grandmother...).

I have a WDTV Live, and I would like to only display the watched folders for each media type. In 1.04, when I go to Videos, I see Movies, Music, Photo, and Service. Is there any way to conceal this level of the hierarchy? I actually only use this for video, never photos or music, so ideally, if they were gone entirely I'd be alright.

Any help you can provide is appreciated!
http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... f=12&t=208
brettich

Re: Extra media folders displayed

Post by brettich »

1.) Be sure to only add folders that contain the videos you wish to view. Under Settings >> Media Resources. De-select the "green button" so only movies/videos + sub folders are scanned for that particular folder.

2.) You can hide and rename folders under the main 'Movies' menu (Rt-click 'hide folder' and/or 'edit title'). I have everything hidden but one folder and I think I renamed the default watched folder to "Movies & Videos"

3.) When connecting from the WDTV; select Media Servers >> the name of your server >> and you are in!

I have also asked if it is possible to decrease the number of folders you need to drill into, but it seems to be a limit of the WDTV Live -not WMS....

Cheers,

Bertrand
Wild Media Server installed on: Windows Home Server (3Tb custom build)
Playback on: WDTV-Live via Yamaha RXV-1800 Receiver
Viewing on: 46" Samsung 6-Series LCD