Translation search form

S@gittarius

Translation search form

Post by S@gittarius »

Hi Eugene,
I'd like to make some features request as follows:
  • translation search form not to disappear when changing focus onto the main editing form. This will speed up searching by making CTRL + F not necessary for the next search
  • something like F3 (find again) functionality for the last search phrase. This will speed up searching by making CTRL + F not necessary for the likes
  • ability to toggle case insensitive/sensitive searches
  • ability to clear translation search cache. Probably this cache is written somewhere while search form is being closed. But after too many searches closing the form becomes a lot slower
  • a simple search and replace functionality
These features are not by any means significant and surely could be omitted in comparison to the main WMS functionalities. But I am quite sure that people (including me) who translate WMS would love very much to have them. Personally I do a lot of searches while optimizing and these features will save me a lot of time.

Regards
S@gittarius

Re: Translation search form

Post by S@gittarius »

Any update on the subject?
Regards
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
S@gittarius wrote: I'd like to make some features request as follows:
  • translation search form not to disappear when changing focus onto the main editing form. This will speed up searching by making CTRL + F not necessary for the next search
  • something like F3 (find again) functionality for the last search phrase. This will speed up searching by making CTRL + F not necessary for the likes
  • ability to toggle case insensitive/sensitive searches
  • ability to clear translation search cache. Probably this cache is written somewhere while search form is being closed. But after too many searches closing the form becomes a lot slower
In future versions. History (at the moment): you can use the key "Delete" or Windows Directory - wms.ini - TcxTreeList_FindTextHistory
S@gittarius wrote:
  • a simple search and replace functionality
You can use "Find the same text and copy translation" (button on the right)
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

In the next version will be able jump from any form to the form of the localization (Ctrl + Shift + DoubleClick by control)
S@gittarius

Post by S@gittarius »

Hi Eugene,

This is great to hear about!

Regards
Eugene

Post by Eugene »