Podcasts not working

Internet TV, Radio, Podcasts
dgat

Re: Podcasts not working

Post by dgat »

Eugene wrote:
dgat wrote:I have done that several times - and have just done it again but still no change - if I view the list inside the podcast I can see the list in the browser but if I run update podcasts I see nothing on the right had side at all
On right click mouse in folder list - "Restore folders" - "Update podcasts"
Sorry but in my list on the left hand side I see no Restore Folders and if I right click on anything I see no Restore Folders option there either - could you explain please?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

dgat wrote:
Eugene wrote:
dgat wrote:I have done that several times - and have just done it again but still no change - if I view the list inside the podcast I can see the list in the browser but if I run update podcasts I see nothing on the right had side at all
On right click mouse in folder list - "Restore folders" - "Update podcasts"
Sorry but in my list on the left hand side I see no Restore Folders and if I right click on anything I see no Restore Folders option there either - could you explain please?
If there are no "Restore Folders" then you have another problem.
dgat

Post by dgat »

Here is my screenshot attached - I didnt see any restore folders in your screenshot either - if they are not there then 'what' is the problem?[

attachment=0]wms.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
wms.JPG
wms.JPG (17.39 KiB) Viewed 5428 times
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

dgat wrote:Here is my screenshot attached - I didnt see any restore folders in your screenshot either - if they are not there then 'what' is the problem?[
[/attachment]
Currently, I do not know, what version of the operating system?
dgat

Post by dgat »

XP Pro Sp2 and I am running 1.01 WMS currently in Eval
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

dgat wrote:XP Pro Sp2 and I am running 1.01 WMS currently in Eval
Perhaps there are some messages in the debug log.
1. Restart program
2. Settings-Additional-Log-Debug
3. Update podcasts
4. Settings-Additional-Log-View
dgat

Post by dgat »

Eugene wrote:
dgat wrote:XP Pro Sp2 and I am running 1.01 WMS currently in Eval
Perhaps there are some messages in the debug log.
1. Restart program
2. Settings-Additional-Log-Debug
3. Update podcasts
4. Settings-Additional-Log-View
Will give that a go a bit later Eugene - thanks
dgat

Post by dgat »

Just tried the log and it doesnt put anything addition in there at all when I run Update Podcasts

I think I may just give up on this as a bad idea to be honest.

Thanks for your help anyway
JohnCSS

Post by JohnCSS »

I have worked my way thro this thread in an attempt to find solution to my own IDENTICAL problem.
It seems member 'dgat' gave up, but I have traced all and get identical results.
Tried everything.
I have Windows XP SP3, WMS 1.03, and get the same as 'dgat' - I can see iplayer but, (tried everything that you and 'egat' did) and still no content.
Can you let me have an answer to this before I complete the payment please?
Is it worth investigating Firewall, Router, Virus software etc . . . ? Do you know which of these 'dgat' was using? Is there a common link?
dgat

Post by dgat »

JohnCSS wrote:I have worked my way thro this thread in an attempt to find solution to my own IDENTICAL problem.
It seems member 'dgat' gave up, but I have traced all and get identical results.
Tried everything.
I have Windows XP SP3, WMS 1.03, and get the same as 'dgat' - I can see iplayer but, (tried everything that you and 'egat' did) and still no content.
Can you let me have an answer to this before I complete the payment please?
Is it worth investigating Firewall, Router, Virus software etc . . . ? Do you know which of these 'dgat' was using? Is there a common link?
John - I tried disabling all software firewalls and AV software - didn't try doing anything on the router but that would be port specific anyway. I was running XP Pro SP2