Quick transcoding question

Zoltrix

Quick transcoding question

Post by Zoltrix »

If playing media through the menu structure such as:

"Wild media Server" -> "Movies" -> "All Movies" -> "example.mkv"

I assume no transcoding takes place? Is that correct, the media is just being streamed directly?

Cheers,
Zolt
Eugene

Re: Quick transcoding question

Post by Eugene »

Zoltrix wrote:If playing media through the menu structure such as:

"Wild media Server" -> "Movies" -> "All Movies" -> "example.mkv"

I assume no transcoding takes place? Is that correct, the media is just being streamed directly?
If the file extension is included in the list "Embedded file support", for this file is not selected transcoding profile, there are no special conditions to support file (Settings - File types)
Zoltrix

Post by Zoltrix »

I'm sorry I don't understand the answer.

Before I look at purchasing the software, I want to check if I can stream my content unaltered.

Are you saying that if the file extension is listed in the "Embedded file support" dialog box, then the transcoding ignores it?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Zoltrix wrote: Before I look at purchasing the software, I want to check if I can stream my content unaltered.
http://www.wildmediaserver.com/buy.php
You have 15+15 days to verify this without buying the program.
Zoltrix

Post by Zoltrix »

Thanks Eugene, I have installed the trial version and am using it at present. But using the program doesn't answer the question I have, so I was hoping someone could answer it here. Maybe I should email support?

Cheers,
Zolt
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Zoltrix wrote:Thanks Eugene, I have installed the trial version and am using it at present. But using the program doesn't answer the question I have, so I was hoping someone could answer it here.
It is unlikely, not even the name of the device. At the moment, I do not know Sony devices with normal support mkv.
Zoltrix

Post by Zoltrix »

My question isn't about what device can play what media.

My question is how do I know if the media I am playing is streaming without any transcoding? Or better still, how can I disable transcoding completely? Does Wild Media Server have such an option?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Zoltrix wrote:My question isn't about what device can play what media.

My question is how do I know if the media I am playing is streaming without any transcoding? Or better still, how can I disable transcoding completely? Does Wild Media Server have such an option?
Settings - Transcoder - Show transcoding panel

Settings - Device - "Embedded file support" - Movies - *
Zoltrix

Post by Zoltrix »

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

Another quick question, can the main menu be changed at all? Eg, the top menus called "Movies", "Music" and "Photo", can those names be changed or hidden?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Zoltrix wrote: Another quick question, can the main menu be changed at all? Eg, the top menus called "Movies", "Music" and "Photo", can those names be changed or hidden?
Folders [Movies] - "All movies" - right click - "Structure of media resources"