Sony BDP-S470 FLAC Files - Occaional errors

bnorrish

Sony BDP-S470 FLAC Files - Occaional errors

Post by bnorrish »

I have errors playing FLAC files - it will complete playing an entire file and will give an "corrupted file or unsupported" file error instead playing the next file in the folder. I am able to clear and then toggle to the next file and it will play with no issues. It only does this occasionally every 4-8 files playing through an entire folder. Any ideas?
Eugene

Re: Sony BDP-S470 FLAC Files - Occaional errors

Post by Eugene »

bnorrish wrote:I have errors playing FLAC files - it will complete playing an entire file and will give an "corrupted file or unsupported" file error instead playing the next file in the folder. I am able to clear and then toggle to the next file and it will play with no issues. It only does this occasionally every 4-8 files playing through an entire folder. Any ideas?
What version of the program? Tried to repeat playback a "corrupted" file ?
bnorrish

Post by bnorrish »

I am running 1.08.2. I can duplicate the error after re-playing the same file. Error always seems to occur towards the end of the song or at the very end of the song. No issues playing straight FLAC files in Winamp in the same manner.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

bnorrish wrote:I am running 1.08.2. I can duplicate the error after re-playing the same file. Error always seems to occur towards the end of the song or at the very end of the song. No issues playing straight FLAC files in Winamp in the same manner.
Maybe the wrong duration. You can enable Chunked in settings of device (Settings - Device - turn on Chunked
or Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - turn on Chunked)
bnorrish

Post by bnorrish »

Files: Positioning (DLNA) - Chunking was unchecked. I checked it.
Stream: Positioning (DLNA) - Chunking was checked.

I will see if it resolves later when I get home.
bnorrish

Post by bnorrish »

Still have same issue after making change to Chunking. Let me know if you need additional info, logs or the actual files, etc to assist.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

bnorrish wrote:Still have same issue after making change to Chunking. Let me know if you need additional info, logs or the actual files, etc to assist.
If possible, please send the sample file to support@wildmediaserver.com
bnorrish

Post by bnorrish »

FLAC File is 25 MB and and too big for your email server. Zip actually increases the size. Being FLAC files, they are all pretty big 15 MB +. Do you have ftp?

Thanks
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

bnorrish wrote:FLAC File is 25 MB and and too big for your email server. Zip actually increases the size. Being FLAC files, they are all pretty big 15 MB +. Do you have ftp?
I can download from rapidshare.com
bnorrish

Post by bnorrish »

Just sent you RapidShare link to support@wildmediaserver.com.