TXT addition changes the way Transcoding, fps drops

Banker_2

TXT addition changes the way Transcoding, fps drops

Post by Banker_2 »

Hi!
I have a problem with the movie encoded in 1080p MKV H264. TXT to try to add a movie to another way of transcoding. Performance of TXT drops to 17 fps and aspect ratio is changed. WMS settings are the default device is a Sony TV, 16:9. 1920x1980, no coding profile for this movie does not solve the problem.
Attachments
add TXT - transcode drops to 17 fps
add TXT - transcode drops to 17 fps
2.png (53.48 KiB) Viewed 6606 times
no TXT - good performance, excellent quality video and audio
no TXT - good performance, excellent quality video and audio
1.png (58.15 KiB) Viewed 6606 times
Eugene

Re: TXT addition changes the way Transcoding, fps drops

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
Banker_2 wrote: I have a problem with the movie encoded in 1080p MKV H264. TXT to try to add a movie to another way of transcoding. Performance of TXT drops to 17 fps and aspect ratio is changed. WMS settings are the default device is a Sony TV, 16:9. 1920x1980, no coding profile for this movie does not solve the problem.
Settings - Device - turn off "Always perform transcoding when subtitles are found"
or
Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - turn off "Always perform transcoding when subtitles are found"
Banker_2

Post by Banker_2 »

Thanks Eugene, but unfortunately...
"Settings - Device - turn off "Always Perform transcoding When subtitles are found" give nothing. Always when TXT adding to the MKV movie may decrease performance!!. But something was wrong, because it's a only one TV, and works with me as two independent (?) device "SONY TV, 16:9, 1920x1080".
Altering: "Settings - Device - turn off "Always Perform transcoding When subtitles are found" does not exclude this option for "Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - Turn off ". And vice versa.
Trying to use: "Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - Turn off.... " always perform transcoding When subtitles are found" WMS has blocked access to TV. Helped remove the device, and re-add + cod Access. WMS (v. 1.08) a mistake or wrong settings? My TV it's SONY KDL-46ex500.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Banker_2 wrote:Trying to use: "Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - Turn off.... " always perform transcoding When subtitles are found" WMS has blocked access to TV. Helped remove the device, and re-add + cod Access. WMS (v. 1.08) a mistake or wrong settings? My TV it's SONY KDL-46ex500.
Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - Type - ...

P.S. Sometimes the cause may be forced subtitles (check the track list)
Banker_2

Post by Banker_2 »

Eugene wrote:
Banker_2 wrote:Trying to use: "Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - Turn off.... " always perform transcoding When subtitles are found" WMS has blocked access to TV. Helped remove the device, and re-add + cod Access. WMS (v. 1.08) a mistake or wrong settings? My TV it's SONY KDL-46ex500.
Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - Type - ...

P.S. Sometimes the cause may be forced subtitles (check the track list)
This is not a problem for me, because I solved it.
My problem is performance degradation when transcoding to MKV forcing the subtitle:
MKV (H264) 1920x1080 -> transcoding from H264, excellent quality and performance
MKV (H264) with forced subtitles TXT / SSA / SRT -> transcoding from MPEG-2, the performance reduced to 17 FPS, the loss of the original aspect ratio of 16:9.

I can not improve, any transcoding profile that does not resolve, and your advice or not.
Sorry for my English, I hope you can understand me:)
Banker_2

Post by Banker_2 »

OK ...
Question of loss of a 16:9 aspect ratio - I found an entry in the forum. http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... ?f=7&t=233 . Problem solved.
Question of performance degradation FPS with subtitles for the film MKV - come to the conclusion that there was no rescue. It's not a bug. If you want to add a TXT file outside of the film are such forces transcode MPEG-2 strongly incriminating my PC. It does not matter that he MKV (without subtitles added as TXT) no requires such trasncoding order to work on TV (default device SONY 1920x1080 16:9). This is not a bug or bad job configuration. so it just works WMS. Am I right? If this is a topic I consider to be closed.

Banker_2