Music No gap or pauses

noley

Music No gap or pauses

Post by noley »

Hi there,

My sony bravia TV puts a pause of about 5 seconds between every track which ruins mixed music.

Is there any way of making WMS stream the music as one continous track using VLC player. Like how WMS streams internet radio via VLC player?

If not could i make this a feature request.

Thanks,
Nicole

P.S happy new year
Eugene

Re: Music No gap or pauses

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
noley wrote: My sony bravia TV puts a pause of about 5 seconds between every track which ruins mixed music.

Is there any way of making WMS stream the music as one continous track using VLC player. Like how WMS streams internet radio via VLC player?

If not could i make this a feature request.
1. Create xspf-playlist in VLC.
2. Settings - Transcoder - Profiles - "Music (VLC) - MP3" - Copy - "Music (VLC) - MP3_1" - Edit
Transcoding parameters

Code: Select all

const
  csVideoLanParams =
    '-Idummy --language en --sout-file-append --sout=#transcode{acodec=mp3,ab=%d,channels=2,' +
    'samplerate=44100}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=raw,dst="<OUTPUT FILE>"}}' +
    ' "<INPUT FILE>" vlc://quit';
begin
  TranscodingParams := Format(csVideoLanParams, [Min(cfgTranscodingAudioBitrate div 1000, 192)])
end.
Ok - Ok
3. Settings - Server - "The lis of authorized client devices" - choose a device - Edit - Settings - File Types - Music - Add
Extension: xspf
Mime-type: application/xspf+xml
Transcoding profile: "Music (VLC) - MP3_1"
Ok-Close-Ok-Ok
4. Settings - Media-resources - "Folder list" - add directory with xspf-playlist.
5. Scan - Ok
noley

Post by noley »

Thanks for your quick reply.

But after I apply these new setting to a device I lose my Wild Media Server on that device only.

I have test this on two separate devices and each time I lose it, I tried clicking "check the device registation" and each time it say’s "device registration was successful" but still it does not show WMS on the device.

The only way I got it back is to delete the device and re register it is WMS
I when over all the settings you sent me 3 times to check its correct, which it appears to be.

Can you please help; I would love to get this feature to work.
Thanks in advance
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

noley wrote:Thanks for your quick reply.

But after I apply these new setting to a device I lose my Wild Media Server on that device only.

I have test this on two separate devices and each time I lose it, I tried clicking "check the device registation" and each time it say’s "device registration was successful" but still it does not show WMS on the device.

The only way I got it back is to delete the device and re register it is WMS
I when over all the settings you sent me 3 times to check its correct, which it appears to be.

Can you please help; I would love to get this feature to work.
Thanks in advance
Check the type of device: Settings - Server - "The lis of authorized client devices" - choose a device - Edit - Settings - Type
noley

Post by noley »

thanks that sorted it :D
jnme

Post by jnme »

I followed the instructions to create the xspf playlists in VLC and to add the modified transcoding profile. When I play the streamed playlist on my Sony BDP-S570, the first mp3 in the list plays okay for about 2 minutes, then cycles to the next mp3 in the list (starting in the middle of the 2nd mp3). This continues at random times: the mp3 plays for 30-120 seconds then cycles to the next. This happens with playlists with many songs and with ones with only 10-12 songs.

I suspect there is a buffer overflow in either WMS or VLC but don't understand enough to isolate it. Debug log attached.

Can you advise how to resolve this problem?