Samsung C5500 Home Theater - Device Disconected Error

aginer

Samsung C5500 Home Theater - Device Disconected Error

Post by aginer »

Hello,

I have "Wild Media Server" running on a "Ubuntu 10.10" machine (using Wine) which is connected to the network via Cat 5 cable directly to my modem. My DLNA certified Samsung C5500 Home Theater is also connected via Cat 5 cable directly to my modem.

The C5500 Home Theater recognizes "Wild Media Server" and things seem to work fine, but eventually it disconnects from the server and gives an error "Device Disconnected".

I can go back to the "Wild Media Server" software and restart the server, then will reconnect to the device, but again, eventually it will disconnect.

There is no pattern to the time it takes before it disconnects. Sometimes it may be 30 minutes, other time 5 minutes.

6 months ago, I bought one license for my Samsung UE40B7020 TV and haven't had this problem in all the time I have been using it.

I like the "Wild Media Server" and plan to buy another license for my Home Theater, but only if I can get it working. Otherwise it is useless to me.

Please, can someone help me.

Thanks,
Eugene

Re: Samsung C5500 Home Theater - Device Disconected Error

Post by Eugene »

Hello,

http://www.wildmediaserver.com/buy.php

4. If you do not have enough trial period to test the program or if you have already bought a license and want to test it out with another device, you can apply by mail info@wildmediaserver.com for a free activation code on 15 days.
aginer

Post by aginer »

Hello,

I have got a free activation code and I have tried again.

Same result with my Samsung HT-C5500 Home Theater.

After 5 minutes I got the message "Device Disconnected" and the file that is being played suddenly stops.

I have tried with different profiles (Samsung BD-Player, Samsung TV, Default DLNA, ...) without success.

The same file can be played without problem on my Samsung UE40B7020 TV (Through DLNA and Wild Media Server)

Any suggestion?

Thanks.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
aginer wrote:
I have got a free activation code and I have tried again.

Same result with my Samsung HT-C5500 Home Theater.

After 5 minutes I got the message "Device Disconnected" and the file that is being played suddenly stops.

I have tried with different profiles (Samsung BD-Player, Samsung TV, Default DLNA, ...) without success.

The same file can be played without problem on my Samsung UE40B7020 TV (Through DLNA and Wild Media Server)

Any suggestion?
Wired connection ? Have you tried playing through the folder Transcoding ?
aginer

Post by aginer »

Hello,
Eugene wrote:Hello,

Both devices (PC an HT-C5500) are wired connected.

I have tried through the folder Transcoding with same result --> Device Disconnected.

With the Samsung BD-Player Profile it takes about 5 minutes before disconnecting

With other Samsung TV profiles it disconnects in about 10 seconds.

Is there anyone with the same or similiar C-Serie Samsung Home Theater using Wild Media Server without problem?

Thanks.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
aginer wrote:
Eugene wrote:Hello,

Both devices (PC an HT-C5500) are wired connected.

I have tried through the folder Transcoding with same result --> Device Disconnected.

With the Samsung BD-Player Profile it takes about 5 minutes before disconnecting

With other Samsung TV profiles it disconnects in about 10 seconds.

Is there anyone with the same or similiar C-Serie Samsung Home Theater using Wild Media Server without problem?
Samsung BD-C6900 - no problems :)