Western Digital live - Configuration

Helios61

Western Digital live - Configuration

Post by Helios61 »

Hi Devs, hi Community!

I am an absolut newbie with streaming servers and a little bit confused with all the settings in Wild media server! I only want to stream my movies to a western digital live player without transcoding! All my movies can be played by WD Live native! Can you please help me with the settings?

Big Thanks

Helios
Eugene

Re: Western Digital live - Configuration

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
Helios61 wrote:Hi Devs, hi Community!

I am an absolut newbie with streaming servers and a little bit confused with all the settings in Wild media server! I only want to stream my movies to a western digital live player without transcoding! All my movies can be played by WD Live native! Can you please help me with the settings?
Choose device configuration WDTV Live (Settings-Device).
Helios61

Post by Helios61 »

Eugene wrote:Choose device configuration WDTV Live (Settings-Device).
Thats all? :D ?
Helios61

Post by Helios61 »

Sorry for that silly question: What does it mean: Profile "WD TV Live HD Media Player (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)" and with this profile my movies will not be transcoded?

And one question more: How can i add a second device, e.g. VLC Player in the room of my daughter
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Helios61 wrote:Sorry for that silly question: What does it mean: Profile "WD TV Live HD Media Player (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)" and with this profile my movies will not be transcoded?
Settings-Device-Embedded file support - specify any files that are supported by the device. If the file is not in the list, or to set it manually profile transcoding, it will be transcoded.
Helios61 wrote: And one question more: How can i add a second device, e.g. VLC Player in the room of my daughter
Settings-Server-A list of allowed client devices - in the Search button to add the devices, for each select their configuration.
Helios61

Post by Helios61 »

Big Thanks, Eugene! Now something is more clear and i learn more and more about your great software! The basics are already working great!

Please give me one hint more! I like to get background images for the folders shown in the screenshot!
Is it possible?

Thanks again

Helios
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Helios61 wrote: Please give me one hint more! I like to get background images for the folders shown in the screenshot!
Is it possible?
I'm afraid I do not understand the question. Background images in the main form of program or a thumbnail on the device?
Helios61

Post by Helios61 »

I like to get a backgrondimage in my WD Live Screen! one level up i can edit title and thumbnails ->

Image,

but in this level it doesn't seems possible ->

What i am doing wrong?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Helios61 wrote:I like to get a backgrondimage in my WD Live Screen! one level up i can edit title and thumbnails ->

Image,

but in this level it doesn't seems possible ->

What i am doing wrong?
Temporary problems. Now you can use the navigation buttons at an accessible level in the lower left corner.
Helios61

Post by Helios61 »

Thank you!