Samsung 40c6900 dlna connectivity help

oosh

Samsung 40c6900 dlna connectivity help

Post by oosh »

Hi there,

I've recently downloaded the trial version of wms with the hope of purchase if I can get this issue resolved. I'm trying to play media on the 40c6900 samsung over ethernet. My set is as follows. I have my PC which is to act as the server with all video files on it etc, which is then connected via ethernet to a central router. I then have the TV connected to the same router via ethernet also. My problem is that wms can't seem to see the TV at all, at least I can't find anything for searching. I've had the same issue with trying to stream with my ps3 using other software aswell, but now I've found wms I like the idea of how much file and codec support there is. I'm guessing there's a router configuration setting somewhere that I'm missing, but i have upnp enabled, and both my PC and the TV have access to the internet through the router no problem - they just can't see each other. Actually, wmp and network sharing seem to be able to see the TV, but that's the extent to it - I just can't get any connectivity.

I've read forum posts by other people that have this exact model TV and also use WMS without a problem, so I know this is doable!

Thanks guys, and my apologies in advance for dealing with my ignorance with this one.

Cheers
Jason
oosh

Re: Samsung 40c6900 dlna connectivity help

Post by oosh »

Just a thought, is it possible that my router doesn't support dlna? I can't seem to find out, but it's a dlink dir-600.

Thanks again :)
Jason
lecureuil

Post by lecureuil »

hello oosh,
have you restart your dlna server? ( and enable your firewall?)
samsung UE40D6530 + Yamaha RXV 465 + WHS PP3 2t°(data)+ Sagetv server
oosh

Post by oosh »

Hey there :)

By dlna server do you just mean the PC that's acting as a a server to send files to the TV? If so yeah I've restarted a couple of times, and tried with my firewall on and off with no changes.
oosh

Post by oosh »

Ok I tried starting WMS again and I get an error I hadn't noticed before:

"Socket binding error: ip address etc - check the list of the valid connections on the server setup page"

So I check the server setup page, but it says just leave empty to authorize all which I'd done. Or should I specify the TV or router ip/mac details?

Cheers
Jason
lecureuil

Post by lecureuil »

samsung UE40D6530 + Yamaha RXV 465 + WHS PP3 2t°(data)+ Sagetv server
oosh

Post by oosh »

Nah I hadn't thanks. My connections are correct, I have a direct cable from PC to router, then again from router to TV. The rest is a bit past me though. The program said to leave blank to allow all connections so I did, but is it suggesting I should disregard that and find the router & tv ip/mac addy and sort that out?