New User with Samsung LE40C630

fred from lyon

New User with Samsung LE40C630

Post by fred from lyon »

hello,

I'm looking for a DLNA madia server who works well.
My config is :
PC with XP SP3 core 2 duo E8600 and 2Bg.
Connection wired @ 100 mb/s across a Switch.
Samsung TV model LE40C630.
profile : Samsung TV (DLNA, 16:9, 1920x1080)

I'm very impressed with WMS, i tried him to watch my movies and for the moment no one sent back an error.
Even my Camera movies (Powershot G7) could be streamed without any lag. A bad divx who was unredable with any dlna server and even with the media reader of the TV is no playable via trancoding.

The web features is a real plus.

The scan for files is so fast that i believed that there was a bug. Just to compare, samsung PC Share needs hours to scan my photos folders (20 000 files). With WMS is juste few minutes.

So now for my movies, everything seems to work very well, no problem for the moment. If the software after more tests is still so incredible i will buy it without any doubt.

I just have tree questions :

1 - I just get a "Memory access violation" when i restart the server, i will sent a screenshot the next time ?
Sometimes i get a pointer error too (screenshot soon).
The problem can be solved by closing and restarting the programm.

2 - I tried web features and add a Internet TV with this link : mms://vipmms9.yacast.net/bfm_bfmtv
It work with vlc but not with WMS. My TV wait a lot and then say unknow codec ?

3 - I dragged and dropped podcasts from this forum and update them (CNN, daylimotion, youtube). They are not visible in the TV and so not playable ? Do i missed something or did something wrong ?

Next question : There is no translation in french for version 1.07. Do you think it's possible to make the translation (with the help of my mother who was English teatcher). I'd like a french version, with it, my wife would be able to use the software.

Thank's in advance for your answers.
Eugene

Re: New User with Samsung LE40C630

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
fred from lyon wrote: I just have tree questions :

1 - I just get a "Memory access violation" when i restart the server, i will sent a screenshot the next time ?
Sometimes i get a pointer error too (screenshot soon).
The problem can be solved by closing and restarting the programm.
If you can describe a sequence of actions leading to the error, I will try to fix this problem.
fred from lyon wrote: 2 - I tried web features and add a Internet TV with this link : mms://vipmms9.yacast.net/bfm_bfmtv
It work with vlc but not with WMS. My TV wait a lot and then say unknow codec ?
I repeated the problem, as a solution you can use the transcoding profile "Movies - VLC - FFMPEG", choice on the right mouse button in List [Movies].
fred from lyon wrote: 3 - I dragged and dropped podcasts from this forum and update them (CNN, daylimotion, youtube). They are not visible in the TV and so not playable ? Do i missed something or did something wrong ?
Have you tried to restart the server ? what shows the TV when you select a folder of podcasts ?
fred from lyon wrote: Next question : There is no translation in french for version 1.07. Do you think it's possible to make the translation (with the help of my mother who was English teatcher). I'd like a french version, with it, my wife would be able to use the software.
http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... f=22&t=390
If you make a better version, you can get a free licenses. But the job can seem daunting.
fred from lyon

Post by fred from lyon »

Eugene wrote: I repeated the problem, as a solution you can use the transcoding profile "Movies - VLC - FFMPEG", choice on the right mouse button in List [Movies].
I tried this but still not working via direct stream and even in transcode ?
VLC crashes when it run ? I have VLC 1.14 installed. I don't understand
Eugene wrote: Have you tried to restart the server ? what shows the TV when you select a folder of podcasts ?
Yes i tried to restart the server (yesterday when restarting there was an error who deasapeared today).
I have no podcast folder in my TV, here are the present folder who appear after choose video.

All Movies
Internet Television
Media Ressources Folder
Service
Transcoding
All Movies
Internet TV
Media ressources folder

Here's a screenshot of WMS with podcasts

I did something wrong ?

For the translation i will have a look to the link but stop me if i'm wrong but it's the previous version translation.
Maybe i need the last original version with all items to start working ?
Moreover i tried to open the file with notepad and it's unreadable. Do i need a specifi editor to do that ?

Thanks.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

fred from lyon wrote:
Eugene wrote: I repeated the problem, as a solution you can use the transcoding profile "Movies - VLC - FFMPEG", choice on the right mouse button in List [Movies].
I tried this but still not working via direct stream and even in transcode ?
VLC crashes when it run ? I have VLC 1.14 installed. I don't understand
Transcoding profile "Internet-television" (is used by default) not working on this link. Transcoding profile ("Movies - VLC - FFMPEG") transcodes without problems.

fred from lyon wrote:
Eugene wrote: Have you tried to restart the server ? what shows the TV when you select a folder of podcasts ?
Yes i tried to restart the server (yesterday when restarting there was an error who deasapeared today).
I have no podcast folder in my TV, here are the present folder who appear after choose video.
At a minimum, you need update the list of podcasts: select podcast folder - right click - Update podcasts
fred from lyon wrote:
For the translation i will have a look to the link but stop me if i'm wrong but it's the previous version translation.
Maybe i need the last original version with all items to start working ?
Moreover i tried to open the file with notepad and it's unreadable. Do i need a specifi editor to do that ?
Help - Selecting language - Localization
http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... p?f=3&t=18
fred from lyon

Post by fred from lyon »

Eugene wrote: Transcoding profile "Internet-television" (is used by default) not working on this link. Transcoding profile ("Movies - VLC - FFMPEG") transcodes without problems.
It's exactly what i did. I selected this link in the list [movie] table, right click an selected "Movies - VLC - FFMPEG", restarted the server i tried to watch it on tv without any success.
Eugene wrote: At a minimum, you need update the list of podcasts: select podcast folder - right click - Update podcasts
I did that, i selected every levels of arbo three, right click and selcted update podcasts.

I'll try tonight another time to see if it works better.

Is getprotocolinfo usefull for you ? And samsungMRDesc.xml ?

Thank's.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

fred from lyon wrote:
Eugene wrote: Transcoding profile "Internet-television" (is used by default) not working on this link. Transcoding profile ("Movies - VLC - FFMPEG") transcodes without problems.
It's exactly what i did. I selected this link in the list [movie] table, right click an selected "Movies - VLC - FFMPEG", restarted the server i tried to watch it on tv without any success.
Test transcoding works?
Sometimes helps to re-channel selection on TV, although on my Samsung BD Player this channel works from the first time.
fred from lyon wrote: Is getprotocolinfo usefull for you ? And samsungMRDesc.xml ?
Usually they do not reflect the real information, but thanks, would be interested.
fred from lyon

Post by fred from lyon »

Hi Eugene,

I found the problem about internet tv, in my Zonealarm free firewall, vlc was allowed to access to the internet but he was not allowed to act as a server. In switch settings on and now it works like a charm. Thank's a lot.
Is the a link to url internet tv channel in french ? ;)

But for the podcast, things are differents. I followed what you said step by step but i still can't watch anything.
Moreover i have no posdcast folder when i browse folder in my tv ??? I don't know what i have to do more to get it working?

Another thing. I built a library for my pictures (20 000) and i had to say congratulation for the speed of scan, i'm very impressed. But i think there is a problem reading exif of jpg for orientation. Pictures shoot in portrait mode are not automatically rotated in the right way.
The pictures are taken with a Pentax K200D in jpg and dng.

Thank's Eugene for your support.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
fred from lyon wrote:
I found the problem about internet tv, in my Zonealarm free firewall, vlc was allowed to access to the internet but he was not allowed to act as a server. In switch settings on and now it works like a charm. Thank's a lot.
Is the a link to url internet tv channel in french ? ;)
http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... f=20&t=720
fred from lyon wrote: But for the podcast, things are differents. I followed what you said step by step but i still can't watch anything.
http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... 2444#p2444
fred from lyon wrote: Moreover i have no posdcast folder when i browse folder in my tv ??? I don't know what i have to do more to get it working?
I think that you have enabled "exclude empty folders"
fred from lyon wrote: Another thing. I built a library for my pictures (20 000) and i had to say congratulation for the speed of scan, i'm very impressed. But i think there is a problem reading exif of jpg for orientation. Pictures shoot in portrait mode are not automatically rotated in the right way.
The pictures are taken with a Pentax K200D in jpg and dng.
Settings - Device - "Embedded file support" - "Photo auto-rotation"
fred from lyon

Post by fred from lyon »

Hi Eugene,

First thanks for quick answer.
I did all that is said in the link of your last post.
Uncheck "exclude empty folders" allows to display Podcasts, ouah !
Moreover i have DVB-T folder, cool ! It could be funny because i have a Terratec Cinergy 1400 DVB-T card in my computer.
Things are going forward.

I tried to watch a youtube link for fun and when i arrived to the last folder the only link was : Update podcast, what i did before ? there is no thumbnails in list screen of podcasts. I did the check with CBS link and it's working ?

Is it normal that the JLC's channel list after import appears in the top of a stripe in the right of the screen ?
I'll try this feature tomorrow.

Eugene, i really plan to buy your software. If all is clear in my mind, a licence is valable only for one mac adress ?
So if in my job i get a Samsung Galaxy S and want to play with it under WMS, i had to get another licence ?
Is it right ?

Thanks

PS : I have studied Russian language for 7 years when i was at school. I can read cyrillic but my vocabulary is weak.
Great difficulties with movement verbs and "declinations". ;)
I was able to understand some lines in Russian in a xml file dedicated to movies categories i think. :D
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
fred from lyon wrote: I tried to watch a youtube link for fun and when i arrived to the last folder the only link was : Update podcast, what i did before ? there is no thumbnails in list screen of podcasts. I did the check with CBS link and it's working ?
You must first check what works update the podcasts in the program. If it will work, then you will be able to update podcasts on your TV.
fred from lyon wrote: Is it normal that the JLC's channel list after import appears in the top of a stripe in the right of the screen ?
I'll try this feature tomorrow.
Yes, you can move the toolbar.
fred from lyon wrote: Eugene, i really plan to buy your software. If all is clear in my mind, a licence is valable only for one mac adress ?
So if in my job i get a Samsung Galaxy S and want to play with it under WMS, i had to get another licence ?
Is it right ?
Yes, you need another license. You can buy multiple licenses, and some left in reserve. You can get a free activation code for 15 days.