1080p MKV transcoding with low FPS

Rako

1080p MKV transcoding with low FPS

Post by Rako »

hi Eugene...
I went through the forum trying to find anything to move forward but I can't help myself. My problem is that I'm still getting low FPS for full HD mkv.
This is my env.:
- WMS version 1.05.01, upgraded to 1.07
- Panasonic P50G20E, config taken from the forum for P42G20E
- Machine - ASUS N61JQ, 4 cores (8 threads), 4GB RAM, W7 64 PRO, Radeon 5730
I only try transcoding test so network does not play role. I tried also other profiles, but without success although not sure whether used properly.
Attached is console from primary transcoding. FPS still goes down from 25, even below 13.
I guess machine is powerfull enough. I tried also pre-transcoding and set frame size to minimum but also no changes.
Pls. advice what do I do wrong or what should I change.
Thanks.
Rasto
Attachments
primary transcoding console
primary transcoding console
primary.jpg (195.24 KiB) Viewed 9639 times
transcoding config
transcoding config
trans_config.jpg (133.09 KiB) Viewed 9639 times
Eugene

Re: 1080p MKV transcoding with low FPS

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
Rako wrote: I went through the forum trying to find anything to move forward but I can't help myself. My problem is that I'm still getting low FPS for full HD mkv.
This is my env.:
- WMS version 1.05.01, upgraded to 1.07
- Panasonic P50G20E, config taken from the forum for P42G20E
- Machine - ASUS N61JQ, 4 cores (8 threads), 4GB RAM, W7 64 PRO, Radeon 5730
I only try transcoding test so network does not play role. I tried also other profiles, but without success although not sure whether used properly.
Attached is console from primary transcoding. FPS still goes down from 25, even below 13.
I guess machine is powerfull enough. I tried also pre-transcoding and set frame size to minimum but also no changes.
Pls. advice what do I do wrong or what should I change.
Try to change the path for temporary files of transcoding (Settings-Transcoder). Specify a different disk - other, than use your system for the paging file.
Rako

Post by Rako »

hi,
I changed to D drive but result is the same. I left it couple of seconds and it went up to 9 fps. This makes me sad. Anything to try yet ?
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
trans_config.jpg
trans_config.jpg (129.29 KiB) Viewed 9620 times
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
Rako wrote: I changed to D drive but result is the same. I left it couple of seconds and it went up to 9 fps. This makes me sad. Anything to try yet ?
You can try to use the transcoding profile "Movies - CoreAVC" with the replacement of the codec 'CoreAVC Video Decoder' to 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
Settings - Transcoder - Profiles - "Movies - CoreAVC" - Edit - Position 83:45 - replace 'CoreAVC Video Decoder' to 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder' - Ok - Ok - Ok

Remarks:
It makes no sense to use a frame size of 1920x1080 with video quality 5000
Use a laptop for video transcoding is not a good idea - the problem of overheating

Hard drive 7200rpm or 5400rpm ?
Rako

Post by Rako »

Hi,
thanks for the hints.
Eugene wrote: Remarks:
It makes no sense to use a frame size of 1920x1080 with video quality 5000
You mean bitrate? if yes, then you are right, I set it to 2400 but no change once again.
Eugene wrote: Use a laptop for video transcoding is not a good idea - the problem of overheating
Hard drive 7200rpm or 5400rpm ?
I believe 4 cores core i7 and disk (5400 rpm) which can write over 80 MBytes/s to external USB3.0 disk and over 70MBytes/s on the disk itself (C->D) should not have problem with such load. It has even great reserves as shown on the snapshot. I checked temperatures also which are completely ok. In addition, on version 1.03 I was able to run properly some other mkvs which now I tried but now getting similiar results for all.
Eugene wrote: You can try to use the transcoding profile "Movies - CoreAVC" with the replacement of the codec 'CoreAVC Video Decoder' to 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
Settings - Transcoder - Profiles - "Movies - CoreAVC" - Edit - Position 83:45 - replace 'CoreAVC Video Decoder' to 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder' - Ok - Ok - Ok
I will try this and let you know the result. Won't this affect quality ? Is there any description of all profiles what are pros and cons of each one? For me it's just blackbox. I found some matrix in the forum but it's just very general overview.

Anything that we could improve yet ? Did something change across versions or any setting yet ?
Rasto
Attachments
system load
system load
transcoding.gif (180.99 KiB) Viewed 9601 times
Rako

Post by Rako »

Hi Eugene,
it's much better now :) I setup that Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder and I'm on nice 27fps. My question would be now the impact of this change. What is difference let's say among Primary, CoreAVC, TsMuxer and this MS profile ?
Thanks a lot!!!
Rasto
Xardas

Post by Xardas »

Eugene wrote: You can try to use the transcoding profile "Movies - CoreAVC" with the replacement of the codec 'CoreAVC Video Decoder' to 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
Hi, unfortunately it doesn't work for me

got the same problem with playing 1080p mkv and bd-iso. After few seconds movie starts to stutter, fps less than 20. Already updated to 1.08.2. Got an acer m7720 with 6gb ram and core i7 cpu, so it can't be the machine. This problem started recently. I have already been able to play bd-iso and 1080p mkv's with Core-AVC nicely. So I wonder what has changed.

Thx in Advance

Greetings