Sony Bravia KDL-40W5500 can't see WMS

Eugene

Re: Sony Bravia KDL-40W5500 can't see WMS

Post by Eugene »

flumper wrote:
Eugene wrote:The server runs as a service Windows?
How can I set that up (or check it)?

I am on Windows XP, and ran "services.msc" from the Run dialog. I looked through the list of services, but could not find "Wild Media Server". Is this the right way to look for it?

I guess it should have been shown where the red line is in this screenshot:
services.png
Settings - Server - "The list of authorized client devices" - Search - select local computer. Restart Server.
Try to check server availability in your Internet Browser at address http://server_ip_address:port
flumper

Post by flumper »

Also, just to clarify: The version I used to use was 0.73 upgraded to 1.0, I think, and worked fine. Then, a few weeks/months later, I wanted to try it again, and it told me it had expired, and I couldn't even find WMS from my TV. Installing the latest trial version (which I have been using since before making this thread) did not change anything. I also tried renaming the settings folder in "Application Data" to start clean.
flumper

Post by flumper »

Eugene wrote:
flumper wrote:
Eugene wrote:The server runs as a service Windows?
How can I set that up (or check it)?

I am on Windows XP, and ran "services.msc" from the Run dialog. I looked through the list of services, but could not find "Wild Media Server". Is this the right way to look for it?

I guess it should have been shown where the red line is in this screenshot:
services.png
Settings - Server - "The list of authorized client devices" - Search - select local computer. Restart Server.
Try to check server availability in your Internet Browser at address http://server_ip_address:port
I can't seem to find my computer here, even after checking the "Web" option, and adding <IP address>:5000 to "Web-navigation". And I can't access the server through <IP address>:5000 either.
flumper

Post by flumper »

Are there any known bugs with Bravia TVs perhaps?