using a proxy

Internet TV, Radio, Podcasts
isopor

using a proxy

Post by isopor »

I like watching Iplayer podcasts. But for this, I have to configure my Windows XP to use an UK proxy server.
The problem is that when I do that all my internet browsing will use that proxy.
Is there a way to tell WMS to use an specific proxy instead of relying on system configuration?
Or maybe is there to configure the Windows proxy to be used only for specific destinations/program?
Eugene

Re: using a proxy

Post by Eugene »

isopor wrote:I like watching Iplayer podcasts. But for this, I have to configure my Windows XP to use an UK proxy server.
The problem is that when I do that all my internet browsing will use that proxy.
Is there a way to tell WMS to use an specific proxy instead of relying on system configuration?
Or maybe is there to configure the Windows proxy to be used only for specific destinations/program?
You can change IPlayer script (BBC iPlayer-Edit title-Script for the links to the resource-Edit script)

Code: Select all

const
  HTTPREQUEST_PROXYSETTING_PROXY          = $00000002;  
  HTTPREQUEST_SETCREDENTIALS_FOR_SERVER   = $00000000;
  HTTPREQUEST_SETCREDENTIALS_FOR_PROXY    = $00000001;  

ProxyServer   = '127.0.0.1:8000';  
  ProxyUserName = '';  
  ProxyPassword = '';

function WmsDownloadURL(const aURL: string): string;
var 
  WinHttp: Variant;
begin
  WinHttp := CreateOleObject('WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1');  
  WinHttp.Open('GET', aURL);
  if ProxyServer <> '' then begin
    WinHttp.SetProxy(HTTPREQUEST_PROXYSETTING_PROXY, ProxyServer);
    if ProxyUserName <> '' then
      WinHttp.SetCredentials(ProxyUserName, ProxyPassword, HTTPREQUEST_SETCREDENTIALS_FOR_PROXY);
  end;      
  WinHttp.Send(Null);
  Result := WinHttp.ResponseText
end;
isopor

Post by isopor »

It sounds good. This is what I need. I added this to the beginning of the script and updated the proxyserver, proxyusername and proxypassword accordingly.

When I test locally it (test transcoding/default device) it works. But when I try it from the TV I get an error. It doesn't even start the download. Nothing appears on the temp folder. I got a quick DOS window that closes right away.

Looking the log I found this suspicious:
"22:25:03.951 [Transcoding] Sender: TWmsTranscodingThread.Execute
Access violation at address 00AA9771 in module 'wms.exe'. Read of address 49005868
"

I also tried the script with other working podcast (not iplayer). I used blanks for proxy server and username and then it failed to work either.

Can you see what is wrong? Anything I could try?
Thanks
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

isopor wrote:It sounds good. This is what I need. I added this to the beginning of the script and updated the proxyserver, proxyusername and proxypassword accordingly.

When I test locally it (test transcoding/default device) it works. But when I try it from the TV I get an error. It doesn't even start the download. Nothing appears on the temp folder. I got a quick DOS window that closes right away.

Looking the log I found this suspicious:
"22:25:03.951 [Transcoding] Sender: TWmsTranscodingThread.Execute
Access violation at address 00AA9771 in module 'wms.exe'. Read of address 49005868
"

I also tried the script with other working podcast (not iplayer). I used blanks for proxy server and username and then it failed to work either.

Can you see what is wrong? Anything I could try?
Thanks
Yes, unfortunately when you play on your device it will not work (problem with CreateOleObject). This will be possible in the next version.
isopor

Post by isopor »

Thanks. I am looking forward to it then.
DooBop

Post by DooBop »

HI,
is there some progress to force some internet streams via specific proxy?
Tnahx
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

DooBop

Post by DooBop »

Hi,
in which trans profile ? I did it in internet television profile - no success .Shoud I use const two times? I do not need username and password. Can I delete that rows?
Thanks

Maybe (if You have time) can You try this:
here is stream and proxy
mms://straumv.nrk.no/nrk_tv_direkte_nrk1_h
148.122.38.200:8080
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
DooBop wrote: in which trans profile ? I did it in internet television profile - no success .Shoud I use const two times? I do not need username and password. Can I delete that rows?
Thanks

Maybe (if You have time) can You try this:
here is stream and proxy
mms://straumv.nrk.no/nrk_tv_direkte_nrk1_h
148.122.38.200:8080
Settings - Transcoder - Profiles - 'Internet-television" - Edit
csVideoLanParams =
'--no-crashdump -Idummy --language=en --mmsh-proxy=148.122.38.200:8080 --sout=#transcode' +
DooBop

Post by DooBop »

Great.
Thanx E