Files RMVB

jbulsan

Files RMVB

Post by jbulsan »

Is possible play in my Sony Bravia files RMVB (RealMedia Variable Bitrate)?
When I starts the server, I can't play this files. No problem with other types of files (divx, mpeg,...).

Thanks.
Eugene

Re: Files RMVB

Post by Eugene »

jbulsan wrote:Is possible play in my Sony Bravia files RMVB (RealMedia Variable Bitrate)?
When I starts the server, I can't play this files. No problem with other types of files (divx, mpeg,...).
Files are added to the list of media resources when scanning?
jbulsan

Post by jbulsan »

No, files are not added when scanning.
I've added the type rmvb using file types button. In this moment, the i can see the file rmvb in the list movies. So, I can see the file in my TV, but I can't play it.

Thanks for you answer.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

jbulsan wrote:No, files are not added when scanning.
I've added the type rmvb using file types button. In this moment, the i can see the file rmvb in the list movies. So, I can see the file in my TV, but I can't play it.
Test transcoding (on the right mouse button in the list of films) will run without errors ? or device supports rmvb-files ?
jbulsan

Post by jbulsan »

Eugene wrote:Test transcoding (on the right mouse button in the list of films) will run without errors ? or device supports rmvb-files ?
Test transcoding without errors.
in device supports files, you want to say if my TV supports rmvb files? i think my TV doesn't support this RMVB-files but it doesn't support divx files and i can show divx using WMS. I thought that, using WMS, i could show file types that my TV can't support.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

jbulsan wrote:
Eugene wrote:Test transcoding (on the right mouse button in the list of films) will run without errors ? or device supports rmvb-files ?
Test transcoding without errors.
in device supports files, you want to say if my TV supports rmvb files? i think my TV doesn't support this RMVB-files but it doesn't support divx files and i can show divx using WMS. I thought that, using WMS, i could show file types that my TV can't support.
Yes, using WMS, you can watch the files that TV does not support them. If possible, try to play a test transcoding file on the TV via USB.
jbulsan

Post by jbulsan »

Eugene wrote:Yes, using WMS, you can watch the files that TV does not support them. If possible, try to play a test transcoding file on the TV via USB.
how i can play a test transcoding via USB?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

jbulsan wrote:
Eugene wrote:Yes, using WMS, you can watch the files that TV does not support them. If possible, try to play a test transcoding file on the TV via USB.
how i can play a test transcoding via USB?
Settings-Transcoder-Directory temporary files - specify a convenient directory for temporary files.
Run test transcoding, after a while, stop it, copy the file from the directory of temporary files on usb flash drive.
jbulsan

Post by jbulsan »

Ok, Eugene, when i come back my home, i'll try this. I'll post results. I hope it works.

Thanks a lot.
jbulsan

Post by jbulsan »

Hi Eugene,

I tried test transcoding and it did'n work. After that, I changed some parameters in my configuration and it worked.
I did two changes but i can't say you why it worked:
In file types i edited the type rmvb and i changed its mime-type. I set video/vnd.rn-realvideo in this parameter.
So, i changed in list movies the transcoding profile to Movies primary_720x406.

Tank you so much for all.