Help with script

gixx79

Help with script

Post by gixx79 »

I am trying to somehow organize my movie collection with the newest file at the top, and the oldest at the bottom.

See this post...

http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... ?f=3&t=545

Meanwhile i am trying further alternative to workaround the issue and to learn a little bit about scripts. (quite difficult without any tutorial btw)

Ive got this...

WmsDatabaseGroupItems (mfVideoAllMoviesItemID, FolderItem.Properties [mpiItemID], 'mpCreateDate + " " + mpTitle', '+ mpTitle\-mpYear')
which gives a list like this...
01.02.2010 02:05 El Arte Del Diablo 2 [DVDRIP].avi

I would like to make it say...
2010.02.01 02:05 El Arte Del Diablo 2 [DVDRIP].avi
so that it sorts by the correct date (in theory)

Ive tried to use something like substrings to make the filename by parts, but does not work.
something like this...

WmsDatabaseGroupItems (mfVideoAllMoviesItemID, FolderItem.Properties [mpiItemID], 'substring(mpCreateDate,0,4) + substring(mpCreateDate,4,3) +substring(mpCreateDate,7,3) + + " " + mpTitle', '+ mpTitle\-mpYear')

Any help please?
and any help on the above post?

thanks alot, i am dying to fix this and start enjoying wild media server in my TV
Eugene

Re: Help with script

Post by Eugene »

Code: Select all

WmsDatabaseGroupItems(mfVideoAllMoviesItemID, FolderItem.Properties [mpiItemID], 
'FormatDateTime("YYYYMMDD", StrToDateTime(mpCreateDate))', '-mpTitle\+mpCreateDate')
gixx79

Re: Help with script

Post by gixx79 »

thanks !!! :D

that works as i wanted.

but it creates like a subfolder for each movie individually. ideally i wanted only the movie with its name modified to include the date at the beginning.
that way it assures its position in the list.

if its possible to remove this subfolders it would be great !!

is it possible?

thanks again.