Sort Order (Sony KDL-40Z5800)

roowie

Sort Order (Sony KDL-40Z5800)

Post by roowie »

Since version 1.03 (and also with the new version 1.04.3) the sort order on my Sony KDL-40Z5800 is by date and not alphabetical anymore.

I did not do anything else than run the updrade programs (seetings weren't changed).

Any idea how an alphabetical sort order can be setup again?

Thank you very much
Eugene

Re: Sort Order (Sony KDL-40Z5800)

Post by Eugene »

roowie wrote:Since version 1.03 (and also with the new version 1.04.3) the sort order on my Sony KDL-40Z5800 is by date and not alphabetical anymore.

I did not do anything else than run the updrade programs (seetings weren't changed).

Any idea how an alphabetical sort order can be setup again?
Try from remote control TV.
roowie

Post by roowie »

Eugene wrote: Try from remote control TV.
Thank you very much. This was exactly what I was looking for.

As soon as the list of folders is available you have to press the "Option" button on the remote control of the TV. A menu appears where the sort order can be set.
lukesvk

Post by lukesvk »

Hi, I´ve got same problem with my Panasonic G20, but haven´t found option on my TV to change it. Thanks.
Pelican1

Post by Pelican1 »

I also have this problem since upgrading the wild media software. Although in the media server software the songs are in alphabetical order on the Panasonic TV client they are now in what at first glance looks like a random order but on closer inspection turns out to be file date order.

The songs appear in this order when in "all music" view but also when I go in to my playlists they also appear in this file date order, even if the playlist has a shuffle attached to it.

Any thoughts?
Pelican1

Post by Pelican1 »

I'm still having trouble with this.

all my music lists on ther TV are in filedate order not alpabetical order.

I can see the lists are in alphabetical order on the WMS software and have tried setting the folder sort order but it makes no difference to the listings on the TV.

This is really really frustrating. it makes the whole server virtually unusable on this TV.

It was working fine until version 1.03. What changed??

I'm on the verge of dumping this otherwise brilliant media server because of this issue.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Pelican1 wrote:I also have this problem since upgrading the wild media software. Although in the media server software the songs are in alphabetical order on the Panasonic TV client they are now in what at first glance looks like a random order but on closer inspection turns out to be file date order.

The songs appear in this order when in "all music" view but also when I go in to my playlists they also appear in this file date order, even if the playlist has a shuffle attached to it.

Any thoughts?
What model of the TV? User manual link ?
Pelican1

Post by Pelican1 »

Hi Eugene,

I'm using the Panasonic P42G20, the manual can be downloaded here

http://dlc.panasonic-europe-service.com ... g=en&src=3

It worked perfectly until version 1.03 after which the music lists are all in filedate order not alpabetical order.

Thanks
Pelican1

Post by Pelican1 »

Hi Again,

Actually its not just the music that is affected, the movies and pictures are also in filedate order on the TV
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
Pelican1 wrote:
Actually its not just the music that is affected, the movies and pictures are also in filedate order on the TV
May be green button on remote control.