Samsung TV B series streaming mkv DTS with audio transcoding

rommi

Samsung TV B series streaming mkv DTS with audio transcoding

Post by rommi »

Hi Eugene

one more question....

Samsung B series (LE40B750) support MKV native, but no DTS audio track......
optimal config is demux - transcode DTS to AC3 and mux back -play....
I check on the fly profiles:"Movies (primary)" a "Movies - TsMuxer"

"Movies (primary)" work great, but transcode audio and video - more power on procesor needed (not work on old PC)

"Movies - TsMuxer" is more sophistical....but do not work corectly for samsung TV..... demux - transcode DTS to AC3 and mux work fine, but destination m2ts file Samsung TV not play correctly video is jerky, frame rate up and down.... not good
I made test file with test transcodig function and copy him to USB HDD and play on TV directly - output is the same (jerky, atd.......)
thanks
rommi
Attachments
DTS-AC3 -TSmux.JPG
DTS-AC3 -TSmux.JPG (127.47 KiB) Viewed 13434 times
Eugene

Re: Samsung TV B series streaming mkv DTS

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
rommi wrote: one more question....

Samsung B series (LE40B750) support MKV native, but no DTS audio track......
optimal config is demux - transcode DTS to AC3 and mux back -play....
I check on the fly profiles:"Movies (primary)" a "Movies - TsMuxer"

"Movies (primary)" work great, but transcode audio and video - more power on procesor needed (not work on old PC)

"Movies - TsMuxer" is more sophistical....but do not work corectly for samsung TV..... demux - transcode DTS to AC3 and mux work fine, but destination m2ts file Samsung TV not play correctly video is jerky, frame rate up and down.... not good
I made test file with test transcodig function and copy him to USB HDD and play on TV directly - output is the same (jerky, atd.......)
Original file without sound is played normally?
Any problems when transcoding I do not see. You can try to use the profile "Movies - DirectShow - TsMuxer", to decode the audio requires FFDShow.

P.S. LE40B750 - 200Hz LCD TV ? It may be necessary to align the frame rate to 24 or 25.
michiel1981

Re: Samsung TV B series streaming mkv DTS with audio transcoding

Post by michiel1981 »

what about the max_analyze_duration reached.... i read somewhere you can fix this by doing -vsync 1
rommi

Post by rommi »

Eugene wrote:Hi,
Original file without sound is played normally?
Any problems when transcoding I do not see. You can try to use the profile "Movies - DirectShow - TsMuxer", to decode the audio requires FFDShow.

P.S. LE40B750 - 200Hz LCD TV ? It may be necessary to align the frame rate to 24 or 25.
Hi
..Yes origina MKV file (wo sound of course..) play normaly. frame rate 23,976 is not problem.......

I installed ffdshow - latest release from http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm version wo MMX and SSE

1. I aply "Movies - DirectShow - TsMuxer" profile for the same movie and result is..... WMS crash... :-) (see image)
2. I aply "Movies - DirectShow - TsMuxer" profile to another MKV file with AC3 sound track - muxing work, but video is jerky (the same as "Movies - TsMuxer")and sound is out of sync cca 1,5-2 sec after video....
Attachments
wild crash.JPG
wild crash.JPG (123.11 KiB) Viewed 13399 times
rommi

Post by rommi »

michiel1981 wrote:what about the max_analyze_duration reached.... i read somewhere you can fix this by doing -vsync 1
-vsync 1 ???? as parameter for command line on transcoding script...???? or...???
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
rommi wrote: I installed ffdshow - latest release from http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm version wo MMX and SSE
1. I aply "Movies - DirectShow - TsMuxer" profile for the same movie and result is..... WMS crash... :-) (see image)
Fix will be in version 0.72.1
rommi wrote: 2. I aply "Movies - DirectShow - TsMuxer" profile to another MKV file with AC3 sound track - muxing work, but video is jerky (the same as "Movies - TsMuxer")and sound is out of sync cca 1,5-2 sec after video....
If the file is created in a test transcoding, copy to directories of media resources and play without transcoding, the problem exist ?
rommi

Post by rommi »

rommi wrote: 2. I aply "Movies - DirectShow - TsMuxer" profile to another MKV file with AC3 sound track - muxing work, but video is jerky (the same as "Movies - TsMuxer")and sound is out of sync cca 1,5-2 sec after video....
If the file is created in a test transcoding, copy to directories of media resources and play without transcoding, the problem exist ?
Yes, problem is the same....transcode MKV to M2TS and stream as native file.....
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

rommi wrote:
Yes, problem is the same....transcode MKV to M2TS and stream as native file.....
I think the TV problems playing H.264 in m2ts-format. Try to find the original m2ts-files (BlueRay) with the video track H.264, frame rate 23.976, and play them. May need to change the DLNA-profile m2ts-files.
mkukik

Post by mkukik »

When trying Movies - DirectShow - TsMuxer I get an error on line:
if not CheckResult(WmsDirectShowConnectPin('Audio Decoder', 'DumpAudio', 'Out', '',
MEDIATYPE_Audio, KSDATAFORMAT_SUBTYPE_PCM)) then
Exit;

Win7 64
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

mkukik wrote:When trying Movies - DirectShow - TsMuxer I get an error on line:
if not CheckResult(WmsDirectShowConnectPin('Audio Decoder', 'DumpAudio', 'Out', '',
MEDIATYPE_Audio, KSDATAFORMAT_SUBTYPE_PCM)) then
Exit;

Win7 64
Check settings FFDShow Audio Decoder (Section Output)