Problem starting server installed on Vista PC

cldurham

Problem starting server installed on Vista PC

Post by cldurham »

I'm having a problem starting the Wild Media Server 0.72 on my Vista PC. I was able to install and start server on an older XP Pentium 4 PC. With the server running on this old PC my Sony Bravia KDL46Z5100 was able to see the server and play video and pictures. Based on this I think the problem lies with some setting on my Vista PC. This is Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 64-bit OS.

All my media files are on my Vista PC that has Intel Core I7 CPU. After installation when I click on start server I get message "Start server" in log but server does not start and Start button stays active. On my old PC the "Start sever" message is followed by second message "Start server [192.168.0.101]" and the TV can see the server.

I have tried starting as a service on my Vista PC and the Start button goes inactive while Stop and Restart buttons go active however when I try to search for devices on server tab a warning pops up requesting me to start server so I don't think it is really running. My TV still does not see the server.

Both my old and new Vista PC are on the same network. I have disabled my Trend Micro Security software to eliminate that as an issue. Any suggestions on what the problem might be or something else I could try?

Thanks for any help you can provide. From what I have seen so far WMS seems to be a much better server than the others out there.
Eugene

Re: Problem starting server installed on Vista PC

Post by Eugene »

cldurham wrote:I'm having a problem starting the Wild Media Server 0.72 on my Vista PC. I was able to install and start server on an older XP Pentium 4 PC. With the server running on this old PC my Sony Bravia KDL46Z5100 was able to see the server and play video and pictures. Based on this I think the problem lies with some setting on my Vista PC. This is Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 64-bit OS.

All my media files are on my Vista PC that has Intel Core I7 CPU. After installation when I click on start server I get message "Start server" in log but server does not start and Start button stays active. On my old PC the "Start sever" message is followed by second message "Start server [192.168.0.101]" and the TV can see the server.

I have tried starting as a service on my Vista PC and the Start button goes inactive while Stop and Restart buttons go active however when I try to search for devices on server tab a warning pops up requesting me to start server so I don't think it is really running. My TV still does not see the server.

Both my old and new Vista PC are on the same network. I have disabled my Trend Micro Security software to eliminate that as an issue. Any suggestions on what the problem might be or something else I could try?

Thanks for any help you can provide. From what I have seen so far WMS seems to be a much better server than the others out there.
Are there any available connection on Search button - Settings - Server - "The list of allowed network connections" ?
cldurham

Post by cldurham »

Yes when I search for network connections it finds the ethernet port and network connection on the computer. Also I made sure my windows firewall is off.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

cldurham wrote:Yes when I search for network connections it finds the ethernet port and network connection on the computer. Also I made sure my windows firewall is off.
Is there any device on Search button - Settings - Server - "A list of allowed client devices" ?
cldurham

Post by cldurham »

No. When I click on the search button for allowed client devices I get pop up message "Need start up server. Start ?" I then click yes. Server does not appear to start as Start button remains active. It proceeds to show progress bar for search but no clients are found.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

cldurham wrote:No. When I click on the search button for allowed client devices I get pop up message "Need start up server. Start ?" I then click yes. Server does not appear to start as Start button remains active. It proceeds to show progress bar for search but no clients are found.
I installed Windows Vista x64. Problem reproduced, on how to correct or update will be later.
cldurham

Post by cldurham »

Glad you can reproduce this issue. I'll wait to see what you find out. Thanks for the help!
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

cldurham wrote:Glad you can reproduce this issue. I'll wait to see what you find out. Thanks for the help!
Will be fixed in version 0.72.1, thanks for reporting this issue.
cldurham

Post by cldurham »

Glad you found the issue. Can you let me know how soon you think 0.72.1 will be available?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

cldurham wrote:Glad you found the issue. Can you let me know how soon you think 0.72.1 will be available?
Today or tomorrow