Support for ID3v2.2 tags

SiriusBlack

Support for ID3v2.2 tags

Post by SiriusBlack »

Hi,
I installed WMS and it works very well with all my media files and my Sony Bravia KDL32EX705.

However, one small nuisance remains:

There are many MP3s with ID3 Tags in v2.2. This version is not read correctly:
Author, Album, Track number and other tags are not recognized.
Consequently the MP3s get not sorted properly into the media structure.

As a workaround I used mp3tag from http://www.mp3tag.de to convert the ID3v2.2 tags into ID3v2.3 tags.
You open mp3tag, load all files and just hit the "Save" button, and the files are saved with the ID3 vtags converted to the latest version. This version is supported with WMS.

Back in WMS, I have to click on "Music", "All Music" folder, select all MP3s, right-click for the context-menu and click on "load file properties". Then the updated ID3 tags are loaded and the MP3s are sorted properly.

However, it would be nice, if ID3v2.2 tags would be supported by WMS natively, so I don't have to convert new MP3s using this procedure.
Eugene

Re: Support for ID3v2.2 tags

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
SiriusBlack wrote: I installed WMS and it works very well with all my media files and my Sony Bravia KDL32EX705.

However, one small nuisance remains:

There are many MP3s with ID3 Tags in v2.2. This version is not read correctly:
Author, Album, Track number and other tags are not recognized.
Consequently the MP3s get not sorted properly into the media structure.

As a workaround I used mp3tag from http://www.mp3tag.de to convert the ID3v2.2 tags into ID3v2.3 tags.
You open mp3tag, load all files and just hit the "Save" button, and the files are saved with the ID3 vtags converted to the latest version. This version is supported with WMS.

Back in WMS, I have to click on "Music", "All Music" folder, select all MP3s, right-click for the context-menu and click on "load file properties". Then the updated ID3 tags are loaded and the MP3s are sorted properly.

However, it would be nice, if ID3v2.2 tags would be supported by WMS natively, so I don't have to convert new MP3s using this procedure.
You can provide sample files ?
SiriusBlack

Post by SiriusBlack »

Sending mp3s is not allowed in this forum.

I used itunes version 7.x to rip my CDs, which created v2.2 automatically.
If this is not available to you, try to find mp3s created in the years 2001 and 2002, these are usually created in v2.2.

I would create an mp3 using itunes 7.x if I can forward it somehow to you (email, private message, ...)
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

SiriusBlack wrote:Sending mp3s is not allowed in this forum.

I used itunes version 7.x to rip my CDs, which created v2.2 automatically.
If this is not available to you, try to find mp3s created in the years 2001 and 2002, these are usually created in v2.2.

I would create an mp3 using itunes 7.x if I can forward it somehow to you (email, private message, ...)
I can download problematic files from rapidshare.com. I have converted tags using iTunes to version 2.2, but not all problems are present.