Sony KDL40EX503 - playback DivX/ XviD/ AVI/ AVC video files

mikek

Sony KDL40EX503 - playback DivX/ XviD/ AVI/ AVC video files

Post by mikek »

I recently bought a KDL40EX503 Tv and from the info i have found i beleive it can playback DivX/ XviD/ AVI/ AVC video files over DLNA and USB.

So far i have everything working - able to stream all my video content to the TV via WMS. But so far its all seems to convert the content to mpeg2 - all video entries listed on the TV have meg2 next to them. These include video with mp4, divx, mkv and avi extensions. Most of my video files with mp4 extension are in mpeg-4 avc/h.264 format from my samsung camcorder.

I did get an m2ts clip to test and that showed up as AVC when listed on the tele - so assume that was not converted mpeg2. Also tested divx and mp4 files from usb stick and they played fine.

The device is set to Sony TV (DLNA, 16:9, 1920x1080) which is listed with m2t,m2ts,mpeg,mpg,ts,vob embedded file support.

SO my question is how do i get it to play the mp4, divx, mkv files without them being converted to mpeg2. Do i updated the media device profile somehow

Any help would be much appreciated

thanks Mike
Eugene

Re: Sony KDL40EX503 - playback DivX/ XviD/ AVI/ AVC video files

Post by Eugene »

mikek wrote:I recently bought a KDL40EX503 Tv and from the info i have found i beleive it can playback DivX/ XviD/ AVI/ AVC video files over DLNA and USB.

So far i have everything working - able to stream all my video content to the TV via WMS. But so far its all seems to convert the content to mpeg2 - all video entries listed on the TV have meg2 next to them. These include video with mp4, divx, mkv and avi extensions. Most of my video files with mp4 extension are in mpeg-4 avc/h.264 format from my samsung camcorder.

I did get an m2ts clip to test and that showed up as AVC when listed on the tele - so assume that was not converted mpeg2. Also tested divx and mp4 files from usb stick and they played fine.

The device is set to Sony TV (DLNA, 16:9, 1920x1080) which is listed with m2t,m2ts,mpeg,mpg,ts,vob embedded file support.

SO my question is how do i get it to play the mp4, divx, mkv files without them being converted to mpeg2. Do i updated the media device profile somehow

Any help would be much appreciated

thanks Mike
http://www.sony.co.uk/product/t32-ex-se ... nicalSpecs
DLNA
YES

DLNA Renderer
Photo (jpeg)/Music(LPCM/MP3)/Video(MPEG2/AVCHD)

DLNA Client
Photo (jpeg)/Music(LPCM/MP3)/Video(MPEG2/AVCHD)
I think TV does not support playback of these files through DLNA. For mkv, mp4 files (H264), you can try to use the transcoding profile "Movies-TsMuxer", the choice of the right mouse button or Settings-File types-mkv-Edit-Transcoding profile-"Movies-TsMuxer" . In models 5500 Sony was very picky about the video frame size H264, information on new models none.
mikek

Post by mikek »

Eugene thanks for your quick response. That seems to have worked. mkv and mp4 files now are listed as AVC when played back on the tele.

1 more question over time do device profiles get added to WMS or updated. I am looking at getting the Sony BDV-E370 Blu-ray Home Theatre Kit. This i beleive does support DivX/MKV/MP4 video files over DLNA. So was wondering what would be the best device to assign to it. Or would i have to use the Sony profile for this as well

thanks Mike
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

mikek wrote: 1 more question over time do device profiles get added to WMS or updated. I am looking at getting the Sony BDV-E370 Blu-ray Home Theatre Kit. This i beleive does support DivX/MKV/MP4 video files over DLNA. So was wondering what would be the best device to assign to it. Or would i have to use the Sony profile for this as well
Device type "WD TV Live HD Media Player" or "Samsung TV" or change embedded file support for Sony TV (Settings-Device)
silencer1979

Post by silencer1979 »

Hi, i just got the Sony BDV-E370 but i'm not sure who to set up die dlna server in order to stream mkv.
He even does not play/find mp3 files :(
Is there a how to or something else?
thanks
Oliver
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
silencer1979 wrote: i just got the Sony BDV-E370 but i'm not sure who to set up die dlna server in order to stream mkv.
He even does not play/find mp3 files :(
Is there a how to or something else?
thanks
Oliver
What program version ?
silencer1979

Post by silencer1979 »

the newest one :) 1.02
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

silencer1979 wrote:the newest one :) 1.02
What is the problem with mp3-files?
silencer1979

Post by silencer1979 »

well, after adding the folder in settings, he seems to find nothing, empty.

//got mp3s working now. lets switch to mkv (h.264) support :)
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

silencer1979 wrote:well, after adding the folder in settings, he seems to find nothing, empty.

//got mp3s working now. lets switch to mkv (h.264) support :)
Settings-Device-"Embedded file support", add mkv