MP3 tags - Odd characters and no track number

voltz

MP3 tags - Odd characters and no track number

Post by voltz »

Wild Media Server seems to work exceptionally well but I have an odd thing going on with the MP3 tags.
Generally the problem seems random and normally occurs in the Title and Artists name columns.
The correct details are followed by what looks like some form of Chinese language characters. At times there are hundreds of characters in the column. This causes Wild Media Server to basically stop working becasue there are some many characters.
Another small issue I have is that there seems to be no track numbers in the MP3 tag column.

I have used MP3Tag V2.42 to tag my MP3s.

Any ideas what could be causing these problems and how to fix them?
Attachments
MP3 Tag showing odd characters.
MP3 Tag showing odd characters.
MP3 Tag - Odd characters.png (4.09 KiB) Viewed 4561 times
Eugene

Re: MP3 tags - Odd characters and no track number

Post by Eugene »

voltz wrote:Wild Media Server seems to work exceptionally well but I have an odd thing going on with the MP3 tags.
Generally the problem seems random and normally occurs in the Title and Artists name columns.
The correct details are followed by what looks like some form of Chinese language characters. At times there are hundreds of characters in the column. This causes Wild Media Server to basically stop working becasue there are some many characters.
Another small issue I have is that there seems to be no track numbers in the MP3 tag column.

I have used MP3Tag V2.42 to tag my MP3s.

Any ideas what could be causing these problems and how to fix them?
Fix text MP3-tags in version 0.71.3 http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... p=137#p137
Fix track number and Genre in version 0.71.4 (maybe today) or 0.72 (~January, 14)