Sorting mp3 tags..

lasse

Sorting mp3 tags..

Post by lasse »

Hi

Thanks for a great software.

At the moment I am using WMS for video and Asset for music. I have a rather big music collection and the big issue for me is how to find a specific album, track or composer. Assets gives me a possibility to customize the menus.

What I really would like to have is the configurability that Squeezebox server gives. Unfourtnatly Squeezebox server is not dnla compliant so I cant use it. But I've been able, using some plugins for Squeezebox server, to completly configure the menu system.

What Im looking for is to configure the menus so that I can have have different menus for classic music, jazz music and so on. For classic music I would like to be able to look at composers, directors, artist and so on.

Should i be possible to extend the way WMS handles the menu system

(note, with "menus" I am meaning what I can see from PS3 that I have connected to WMS,, sorry for my bad language)

//lasse
Eugene

Re: Sorting mp3 tags..

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
lasse wrote: At the moment I am using WMS for video and Asset for music. I have a rather big music collection and the big issue for me is how to find a specific album, track or composer. Assets gives me a possibility to customize the menus.

What I really would like to have is the configurability that Squeezebox server gives. Unfourtnatly Squeezebox server is not dnla compliant so I cant use it. But I've been able, using some plugins for Squeezebox server, to completly configure the menu system.

What Im looking for is to configure the menus so that I can have have different menus for classic music, jazz music and so on. For classic music I would like to be able to look at composers, directors, artist and so on.

Should i be possible to extend the way WMS handles the menu system

(note, with "menus" I am meaning what I can see from PS3 that I have connected to WMS,, sorry for my bad language)
Settings-Processing-Create Atrist Index, in the procedure ProcessItem (aItem: TWmsScriptMediaItem); you can form the path sCollectionPath depending on the properties of the media resource. But in the program database stored not all the required properties
Eugene

Re: Sorting mp3 tags..

Post by Eugene »