Help with Navigation of DVDs and iTunes import

rc4991

Help with Navigation of DVDs and iTunes import

Post by rc4991 »

I've been trialing the WMS with some interest. I've a few questions.

1. Is there a way to treat DVD directory structures as a single Movie item in the listings?

If I go to Watch Folder I can see the movie directories where I've stored my DVD backups. This is fine. But if I go to the other views (all movies, genre..) it lists all the VOB files separately so the same movie is listed multiple times in these views.. I'd like to treat the DVD structure (VIDEO_TS) as single movie entities in my listings. Is that possible?

I've seen some interesting code scripts which I'm more than happy to play with, if that's the approach to my request. I'd need some guidance on the approach however. (Ideally its already supported).

2. Importing iTunes playlists? Is this possible?

Thanks.
Eugene

Re: Help with Navigation of DVDs and iTunes import

Post by Eugene »

rc4991 wrote:I've been trialing the WMS with some interest. I've a few questions.

1. Is there a way to treat DVD directory structures as a single Movie item in the listings?
If I go to Watch Folder I can see the movie directories where I've stored my DVD backups. This is fine. But if I go to the other views (all movies, genre..) it lists all the VOB files separately so the same movie is listed multiple times in these views.. I'd like to treat the DVD structure (VIDEO_TS) as single movie entities in my listings. Is that possible?
I've seen some interesting code scripts which I'm more than happy to play with, if that's the approach to my request. I'd need some guidance on the approach however. (Ideally its already supported).
Merging vob-files via the navigation Transcoding-Watch Folders.
You can turn on "Creating folders DVD-Structure for DVD-Directories" and Settings-Scan.
dvd1.JPG
dvd1.JPG (57.41 KiB) Viewed 4706 times
Processing DVD-directories in one file I think has a lot of nuances.
rc4991 wrote: 2. Importing iTunes playlists? Is this possible?
The program is implemented only import iTunes radiostations (right button mouse on Internet-radio folder). I think it is possible to write a script import playlists saved to disk in xml-format or txt-format, but not finished.