Overlaying subtitles WITHOUT transcoding.

Grin

Overlaying subtitles WITHOUT transcoding.

Post by Grin »

First off, I'd like to congratulate you for creating such an amazing program. There are many out there, but WMS is by far the best I've tried.

I own a Samsung LE40B650, and would like to use subtitles with AVI and MKV files (external and internal subtitle files). Samsung itself recognizes the AVI and MKV files and plays them, so there's no need for transcoding. However, Samsung does not recognize internal subtitle files (as in a MKV file) and external subtitle files (SRT) are shown without borders and are jaggy and practically unreadable.

I am aware that I can play the movie with subtitles by turning this option on in the transcoding menu. However, I want my Samsung TV and WMS to use the WMS external and internal subtitles by default, including any changes I might make in the lettertype, size, color, WITHOUT transcoding the movie itself.

Summerized; I would like to play my media files with the WMS subtitle files WITHOUT transcoding the media itself. I just want the edited WMS subtitle files to be overlayed.

What settings do I need to change to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Joey.
Eugene

Re: Overlaying subtitles WITHOUT transcoding.

Post by Eugene »

Grin wrote: I own a Samsung LE40B650, and would like to use subtitles with AVI and MKV files (external and internal subtitle files). Samsung itself recognizes the AVI and MKV files and plays them, so there's no need for transcoding. However, Samsung does not recognize internal subtitle files (as in a MKV file) and external subtitle files (SRT) are shown without borders and are jaggy and practically unreadable.

I am aware that I can play the movie with subtitles by turning this option on in the transcoding menu. However, I want my Samsung TV and WMS to use the WMS external and internal subtitles by default, including any changes I might make in the lettertype, size, color, WITHOUT transcoding the movie itself.

Summerized; I would like to play my media files with the WMS subtitle files WITHOUT transcoding the media itself. I just want the edited WMS subtitle files to be overlayed.

What settings do I need to change to achieve this?
If your TV does not support subtitles in the required form, then overlay them without transcoding impossible.
Grin

Re: Overlaying subtitles WITHOUT transcoding.

Post by Grin »

I don't know if it doesn't support them actually. However, if I play a MKV file it doesn't automatically include the internal subtitle file, and there isn't an option to select it. Does that mean it doesn't support it?

If it doesn't support it, how do I set up my settings in WMS to automatically include the (edited)subtitle file without transcoding the video itself?