Sony KDL-40W5500U

trevorsem

Sony KDL-40W5500U

Post by trevorsem »

Hi Eugene,

Just to let you know I have tried all the other supposed DLNA compatiable programs and to date, yours is the ONLY one that works with everything! (video, music and photographs).

Am not particularly technical, but for the benefit of all, here is my set-up.

TV is wall mounted in the lounge. Connected to the internet by using old BT Vision mains sockets internet adaptor, then ethernet cable into rear of TV.

Bedroom. Same mains socket adaptor and ethernet cable into back of D-link router.

PC connects to router via wireless USB adaptor.

I downloaded your program last night and my Sony recognised it straight away. Music and photographs played without and problem. Video stuttered after playing for 10 seconds, so I downgraded the frame rate as suggested for all profiles from Movies (DVD) to a lower rate.

Can't thank you enough for this excellent program and will be spreading the good word :)

Some suggestions if I may

1) For low-level techies like me, how about a user manual that covers each feature? Some tick boxes and menu I do not understand.
2) I have a vast iTunes library and searching under artist is very cumbersome. On occassions I can lose connection and have yet to get past L! LOL Say a condensed menu or ability to pull out favourite artists without having to search alphabetically?

And a few questions

1) How do I link the program to my YouTube account?
2) If I delete music files or movies from the program will it delete them from the resident directory where they reside?

Again, thanks for the best DLNA tool out there.
surfingsmurf

Re: Sony KDL-40W5500U

Post by surfingsmurf »

Same sentiment.... 8-) . To answer your questions about youtube, I think Eugene already wrote a script for it here http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... hp?f=3&t=7

I'm waiting for him to write a script for Hulu and I'm good to go. I've already spread the word about WMS.. :lol:
Eugene

Re: Sony KDL-40W5500U

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
trevorsem wrote: Some suggestions if I may
1) For low-level techies like me, how about a user manual that covers each feature? Some tick boxes and menu I do not understand.
Sorry, but I not the technical writer. I think at some point, user manual must be. If you have concrete questions, I will try to respond to them.
trevorsem wrote: 2) I have a vast iTunes library and searching under artist is very cumbersome. On occassions I can lose connection and have yet to get past L! LOL Say a condensed menu or ability to pull out favourite artists without having to search alphabetically?
You can use folder Playlists. You can use the media processing resources for create Artist Index (http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... p?f=3&t=15). In future versions will have the possibility of forming the folder structure of media resources, and your wishes will be easy to implement.
trevorsem wrote: And a few questions
1) How do I link the program to my YouTube account?
Just do not know, a description of links to Youtube RSS is here http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/2.0/reference.html.
I paid little attention to online service, but will try to fix it soon :)
trevorsem wrote: 2) If I delete music files or movies from the program will it delete them from the resident directory where they reside?
Folder "All music":
"Delete from list" - the temporary removal, the file will appear the next scan
"Exclude file" - removal from the list, the file does not appear the next scan (clear the list of excluded files - "Restore folders" on the right button mouse on the folder tree media resources);
"Delete from disk" - file is deleted from the disk