Sony TDM-NC1

Naifu

Sony TDM-NC1

Post by Naifu »

Hello all

I'm trying to get a Sony TDM-NC1 device working with WMS. The thing is a media port extension of my audio system. It works as a DLNA client and can stream MP3 and internet radio. Here's a link to the product description: TDM-NC1.

The device comes with it's own media server called M-Crew Server 2.5. It works surprisingly well, but it's no option cause it can only server the TDM-NC1 and requires a Windows XP computer to run properly. Using a Netgear Stora and it's DLNA features I am able to stream MP3 to the TDM-NC1 fairly well. Only downside is that browsing doesn't work properly. My guess is that Stora just sends a list of directories and files to the device so it doesn't know about artist, album, etc.

The device is recognized by WMS and I can configure a profile for it. But whatever I do the TDM-NC1 doesn't list WMS as a server. I'm probably doing something fundamentally wrong. Any hint on how to set up a 'generic DLNA device' would be highly appreciated.

Cheers
D
Eugene

Re: Sony TDM-NC1

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
Naifu wrote: I'm trying to get a Sony TDM-NC1 device working with WMS. The thing is a media port extension of my audio system. It works as a DLNA client and can stream MP3 and internet radio. Here's a link to the product description: TDM-NC1.

The device comes with it's own media server called M-Crew Server 2.5. It works surprisingly well, but it's no option cause it can only server the TDM-NC1 and requires a Windows XP computer to run properly. Using a Netgear Stora and it's DLNA features I am able to stream MP3 to the TDM-NC1 fairly well. Only downside is that browsing doesn't work properly. My guess is that Stora just sends a list of directories and files to the device so it doesn't know about artist, album, etc.

The device is recognized by WMS and I can configure a profile for it. But whatever I do the TDM-NC1 doesn't list WMS as a server. I'm probably doing something fundamentally wrong. Any hint on how to set up a 'generic DLNA device' would be highly appreciated.
Settings-Additional you can enable debug log, in same place you can save log file, analyze by yourself, attach to the forum in the archive or send it to support@wildmediaserver.com