Feature Request - Movie Plot

2Old4DigitalLife

Feature Request - Movie Plot

Post by 2Old4DigitalLife »

Hi there Eugene,
I use WDTV Live and WMS to watch movies.
What I like to see on TV is a brief description of the movies in the list.
For example, when I look at the list of movies from Comcast "ON DEMAND", I select a movie from the list and I see a brief "plot" of the movie. I hope I am clear.
Is this possible with WMS :?:
I know we will have to type the "plot" text in WMS when we type items like "genre", "year", etc, etc.

Thanks
digitalife
Eugene

Re: Feature Request - Movie Plot

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
2Old4DigitalLife wrote: I use WDTV Live and WMS to watch movies.
What I like to see on TV is a brief description of the movies in the list.
For example, when I look at the list of movies from Comcast "ON DEMAND", I select a movie from the list and I see a brief "plot" of the movie. I hope I am clear.
Is this possible with WMS :?:
I know we will have to type the "plot" text in WMS when we type items like "genre", "year", etc, etc.
For information downloaded from online databases (IMDB) in the folder Transcoding is created folder for this information. Perhaps will be mode "Every movie in a separate folder", if a user is using such storage, the information can be included there.
2Old4DigitalLife

Thanks Eugene, that worked great, but I see a small problem.

Internet information loads fine. Some parts of the information has special characters like "&".
WDTV Live does not like these characters and when it encounters them, reboots.

So I go to folder "transcoding"-"watch folders" and select a movie and "information from the internet"-"imdb", right click information and remove special character "&". So far so good, but:

When I click "RENEW", the information changes back to what it was.
How and where do I "permanently" modify internet information so when I click RENEW, it does not bring back special characters?

Great Media Player by the way.
Mike
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

2Old4DigitalLife wrote: Internet information loads fine. Some parts of the information has special characters like "&".
WDTV Live does not like these characters and when it encounters them, reboots.

So I go to folder "transcoding"-"watch folders" and select a movie and "information from the internet"-"imdb", right click information and remove special character "&". So far so good, but:

When I click "RENEW", the information changes back to what it was.
How and where do I "permanently" modify internet information so when I click RENEW, it does not bring back special characters?
You can specify a link to the example of the problem description ? I have no problem c "&".
2Old4DigitalLife

Actually, I reallized it is not special character.
Selecting the whole line causes WDTV Live to re boot.
The specific line shown in the attached file.

This could be a very specific case related to my system, and may not be applicable to every one.
I just probably have an issue with my setup, and I have to figure it out.

Thanks
Mike
Attachments
Line Error.jpg
Line Error.jpg (149.04 KiB) Viewed 7757 times
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

2Old4DigitalLife wrote:Actually, I reallized it is not special character.
Selecting the whole line causes WDTV Live to re boot.
The specific line shown in the attached file.

This could be a very specific case related to my system, and may not be applicable to every one.
I just probably have an issue with my setup, and I have to figure it out.

Thanks
Mike
Form "Internet database of films, music"

1. Select IMDB
2. Button Edit
3. Search

Code: Select all

function AddMediaInfo(aImdbItem: TWmsIMDBItem; const aRegExpr, aCaption: string; 
                      const aImageRegExpr: string = ''): TWmsIMDBItem;
replace

WmsHtmlToText(sMatch)
on

ReplaceStr(WmsHtmlToText(sMatch), '&', ' ')
or

function AddMediaInfo(aImdbItem: TWmsIMDBItem; const aRegExpr, aCaption: string; 
                      const aImageRegExpr: string = ''): TWmsIMDBItem;
var
  sMatch: string;
begin
  Result := nil;
  if FindMediaInfo(aRegExpr, sMatch) then begin
    Result := aImdbItem.ChildList.AddItem(aCaption, ReplaceStr(WmsHtmlToText(sMatch), '&', ' '));
    if (aImageRegExpr <> '') and FindMediaInfo(aImageRegExpr, sMatch) then
      Result.Image := GetImdbThumbnailURL(sMatch)
  end
end;
2Old4DigitalLife

Well, I tried that. Looks like didn't help. When I get to the same line, WDTV re boots.

I noticed another issue. When I select "settings" "device" WD TV Live HD Media Player (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406), the re boot happens for every line no matter what. But, when I choose "settings" "device" "Sony TV NTSC (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)", this only happens on the specific line shown above JPEG attachment.

Well, I guess for now, we can think this feature has some issue, but it could be WDTV Live issue.

Thanks
Mike
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

2Old4DigitalLife wrote:Well, I tried that. Looks like didn't help. When I get to the same line, WDTV re boots.

I noticed another issue. When I select "settings" "device" WD TV Live HD Media Player (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406), the re boot happens for every line no matter what. But, when I choose "settings" "device" "Sony TV NTSC (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)", this only happens on the specific line shown above JPEG attachment.

Well, I guess for now, we can think this feature has some issue, but it could be WDTV Live issue.
What version firmware WD TV Live?
2Old4DigitalLife

I will check to make sure, but it should be the latest.
Because when I try to update fw from the network tells me I have the latest and update not needed.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

2Old4DigitalLife wrote:Well, I tried that. Looks like didn't help. When I get to the same line, WDTV re boots.
These changes exclude & from loading, not from existing information
2Old4DigitalLife wrote:I will check to make sure, but it should be the latest.
Because when I try to update fw from the network tells me I have the latest and update not needed.
My firmware 1.11