A few movies won't play on my popcorn hour.

weaver4

A few movies won't play on my popcorn hour.

Post by weaver4 »

I have a few mp4 movies that will not play on my popcorn hour A-100 using the WMS. But they play fine over the network.

The popcorn hour will say "buffering" for about 30 seconds and then say it cannot play.

How do I trouble-shoot a problem like this? Is there a log file.

Movies play fine on my WDTV-Live box.
Eugene

Re: A few movies won't play on my popcorn hour.

Post by Eugene »

weaver4 wrote:I have a few mp4 movies that will not play on my popcorn hour A-100 using the WMS. But they play fine over the network.

The popcorn hour will say "buffering" for about 30 seconds and then say it cannot play.

How do I trouble-shoot a problem like this? Is there a log file.

Movies play fine on my WDTV-Live box.
mp4-files are included in the list of supported devices (Settings-Device)?
Which mime-type for mp4 files in the Settings-File Types?
weaver4

Post by weaver4 »

About 80% of my mp4's play fine. So it is not a setup problem.

It seems that many of my videos that I made at a specific time with Ripbot264 do not play properly with WMS but play fine when the movie is played directly on PopCornHour.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

weaver4 wrote:About 80% of my mp4's play fine. So it is not a setup problem.

It seems that many of my videos that I made at a specific time with Ripbot264 do not play properly with WMS but play fine when the movie is played directly on PopCornHour.
WMS does not play the files, he sends them, may need a different mime-type. Popcorn shows any information about media resources ?
weaver4

Post by weaver4 »

I think that for some reason the WMP has decided to transcode these specific files, but not others.

But the WMP should not be transcoding these files because the PopCornHour can play them properly without transcoding.

AVI world was so much simpler....everything was H-263 and MP3 and it worked on everything.