permanent transcoding for a dedicated folder possible?

gecko63

permanent transcoding for a dedicated folder possible?

Post by gecko63 »

Hi there,

i'm very new to the WWS. It seems to be the best Mediaserver, but its a very powerful program that overcharges me. :)

And i got a new TV (LG47LW5590)
With the .cfg from this thread: http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... 7430#p7430, the most things are running fine, BUT:

I have stored my whole private Video Collection from my Family on my PC.
My new Digicam (Sony HX5v)films in 1080i (.mts files) and i can watch the movies without any Problems on my TV, incl. Thumbnails

However my old Digicam was a Fuji something... and it filmed in an .avi Container. WWS sais it's a MJPG fileformat.
This movies will shown with it's correct lenght and thumbnails on my TV indeed, but they're not watchable (Unknown fileformat)
so i have to switch to the Transcoding Folder and here i can watch the films.
The Problem is, that EVERY Film is in an dedicated folder now, so i can see a thumbnailed movie only if i switch in the corresponding subfolder. Thats a little confusing, because in named this movies by date and event and that are hundreds of short clips.

Is there a possibility to permanent transcode ALL these old movies and store them in one folder?

Thanks a lot for an answer and i hope you understand my english... :)
Eugene

Re: permanent transcoding for a dedicated folder possible?

Post by Eugene »

Hi,

You can specify "Additional verification of support files":

Settings - Devices - choose a device - Settings - "File Types" - avi - Edit

"Additional verification of support files" - Add - column "Condition" - click Edit - select mpVideoCodec - column "Term" - select - '=' - column "Value" - DVVIDEO (for example) - Ok
Column "Transcoding profile" - "Movies (primary)" - Activate condition (click gray ball in first column) - Ok
verfiles.png
verfiles.png (50.84 KiB) Viewed 4051 times