VOB files and Subtitles...still baffled

gruvytune

VOB files and Subtitles...still baffled

Post by gruvytune »

Hi Eugene. All in all this program is working great for me.
I am streaming to a Samsung blu ray as my default device.

I've had some issues with mkv files and subtitles but have managed even if i have to convert over to an avi and reembed the right subtitle language as picking it in the selection does not always work.

I'm having a bigger problem with iso files and vob.
I read somewhere to play them out of the transcoding folder but the folder only has in it the first vob file and none of the others! That one indeed shows the subtitles but if i try to play the vob files out of the iso folder, no subtitles play even if i select the english track among them all.

please help. i can't figure this out.

T
gruvytune

Re: VOB files and Subtitles...still baffled

Post by gruvytune »

Eugene? any suggestions?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,

Settings - Media-resources - Scanning - turn on "Creating DVD-structure folders for DVD-directories".

For subtitles need transcoding. One file in the transcoding folder and should be, it's a union of parts. But perhaps the device stops playing after the first part (discontinued timestamps).
Benman

Post by Benman »

I think i might face the same problem. Subtitles can only be chosen from one folder, the (movie)file belonging to the chosen subtitle (T) only plays partly. At some point the movie stops playing (probably because of discontinued timestamps) and that's pretty annoying.
Without being able to play subtitles with my movies, WMS is still pretty useless to me. It all looks promising but at this point my trial will end at december 25th and that'll be that. I am not a coder so i can not add to the developement of this promising tool. It was worth the try but i think my solution for now will be a mini-pc alongside of my TV/BDP (XBMC/Plex), playing through HDMI. ;)

But keep up the good work. :!:
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Settings - Media-resources - Scanning - turn on "Creating DVD-structure folders for DVD-directories".
Benman

Post by Benman »

Changed to some other transcoding profile and it seems to work now. :)