Media resource tracking

S@gittarius

Media resource tracking

Post by S@gittarius »

Hi Eugene,

I have some questions about media resource's usage tracking and podcasts.
  1. Does WMS track/count how many times a media has been watched? I searched through media resource parameters and I found no such a property.
  2. How can be checked if a media resource has been excluded and marked not to be added on the next folder update? In particular I am interested in podcast's item exclusion. Most of my podcasts are generated dynamically by a script and even when an item has been excluded the script does add it again on the next update.
  3. As we discussed it previously WMS does use WinINet API to access online resources thus utilizing the settings (cookies, cache, proxy etc.) of the user's context WMS runs under. Do you plan to add an explicit proxy settings support?
  4. As I am mostly interested in YouTube support do you plan to add a user login functionality and private feeds' access?
Regards
Eugene

Re: Media resource tracking

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
S@gittarius wrote: I have some questions about media resource's usage tracking and podcasts.
Does WMS track/count how many times a media has been watched? I searched through media resource parameters and I found no such a property.
WMS does not have such statistics, you can use the event "After the beginning of a playback of a media resource"
S@gittarius wrote: How can be checked if a media resource has been excluded and marked not to be added on the next folder update? In particular I am interested in podcast's item exclusion. Most of my podcasts are generated dynamically by a script and even when an item has been excluded the script does add it again on the next update.
Thanks for notice. I will try fix.
S@gittarius wrote: As we discussed it previously WMS does use WinINet API to access online resources thus utilizing the settings (cookies, cache, proxy etc.) of the user's context WMS runs under. Do you plan to add an explicit proxy settings support?
As I am mostly interested in YouTube support do you plan do add a user login functionality and private feeds' access?
Yes, maybe it will appear in the properties of podcasts and may be an example for Youtube.
S@gittarius

Post by S@gittarius »

Eugene wrote:Hi,
S@gittarius wrote: I have some questions about media resource's usage tracking and podcasts.
Does WMS track/count how many times a media has been watched? I searched through media resource parameters and I found no such a property.
WMS does not have such statistics, you can use the event "After the beginning of a playback of a media resource"
I thought about that actually. Still a counter property would be a very nice extra.
Eugene wrote:
S@gittarius wrote: How can be checked if a media resource has been excluded and marked not to be added on the next folder update? In particular I am interested in podcast's item exclusion. Most of my podcasts are generated dynamically by a script and even when an item has been excluded the script does add it again on the next update.
Thanks for notice. I will try fix.
S@gittarius wrote: As we discussed it previously WMS does use WinINet API to access online resources thus utilizing the settings (cookies, cache, proxy etc.) of the user's context WMS runs under. Do you plan to add an explicit proxy settings support?
As I am mostly interested in YouTube support do you plan to add a user login functionality and private feeds' access?
Yes, maybe it will appear in the properties of podcasts and may be an example for Youtube.
I'll be looking for it.
Thanks for the information.

Regards
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
S@gittarius wrote:
Eugene wrote:
I thought about that actually. Still a counter property would be a very nice extra.
You can use any additional properties of media resources (ID > 100000).
S@gittarius

Post by S@gittarius »

S@gittarius wrote:
Eugene wrote:
You can use any additional properties of media resources (ID > 100000).
Hi Eugene,
I made a small script to change 10010 and 10011 properties after media's playback starts. 10010 is a boolean flag to indicate the media has been watched and 10011 is a counter of how many times it happened. Everything works fine except that WMS invokes the script more than once I think. I tested it with a WEB client, not a real DLNA client. Do you encounter such a behavior?

Regards
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,

Yes, the devices request the same resource millions of times
S@gittarius

Post by S@gittarius »

Hi,
Yes certainly the client requests the media many times by many pieces. But still the events "after the beginning ..." and "after the end ..." have be invoked only once per playback. At least it is my vision on the subject. So the question is how to register these events only once per media's playback?
Regards
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,

Devices requesting content from the beginning several times, I do not know the answer to this question.
S@gittarius

Post by S@gittarius »

Devices requesting content from the beginning several times, I do not know the answer to this question.
Hi,
Ok. It's not a problem at all because my primary need is to know whether a media has been watched and I already achieved that.
Thanks for the info.

Regards