Genereal subtitles setting for all subtitles

Tatum

Genereal subtitles setting for all subtitles

Post by Tatum »

Hi,

I have a problem with subtitles settings. I use Polish (pol) for all subtitles but WMS forces Russian characters which replaces all Polish diacritical characters as a default (we use WIN-1250).

I tried the Settings/Transcoder/Subtitles speed indicator/ Lang of subtitles = "pol" - but this setting does not work. Subtitles are still showed with Russian characters.

The only way, which I found in this forum, is to set the "pol" for each separate subtitle file for each film separately. It works but is it's very inconvenient. My all films have subtitles in Polish, so I would like to have a general (default) subtitle language setting for all films. I do not want to set "pol" each time, for each TXT file in Transcoding folder.

The next problem is that subtitles are cutted from the bottom, several pixels are cutted (not showed). The text is set too close to the boottom edge of the frame, so the text is cutted.

I tried to set the offset about 10%, in the Transcode subtitle settings but it does nothing - no changes in the subtitle view.

The last question is: What if the trial period is finished ?

The WMS seems to be one of the best of this kind of servers. So, I wonder If I can it use it after the trial period is finished.

The TV set is SONY Bravia KDL-40W5720 (near the same as 5500)

P.S.
Eugene, thank you very much for your hard work with this software, take care and good health.

Marek, Wroclaw, Poland
Eugene

Re: Genereal subtitles setting for all subtitles

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
Tatum wrote:
I have a problem with subtitles settings. I use Polish (pol) for all subtitles but WMS forces Russian characters which replaces all Polish diacritical characters as a default (we use WIN-1250).

I tried the Settings/Transcoder/Subtitles speed indicator/ Lang of subtitles = "pol" - but this setting does not work. Subtitles are still showed with Russian characters.

The only way, which I found in this forum, is to set the "pol" for each separate subtitle file for each film separately. It works but is it's very inconvenient. My all films have subtitles in Polish, so I would like to have a general (default) subtitle language setting for all films. I do not want to set "pol" each time, for each TXT file in Transcoding folder.
In the Control panel (Regional settings), select the Polish language for non-Unicode-programs.
Tatum wrote: The next problem is that subtitles are cutted from the bottom, several pixels are cutted (not showed). The text is set too close to the boottom edge of the frame, so the text is cutted.

I tried to set the offset about 10%, in the Transcode subtitle settings but it does nothing - no changes in the subtitle view.
I checked, with offset no problems. If you use individual settings for the device, the offset must be set in them.
Tatum wrote: The last question is: What if the trial period is finished ?
1. The trial mode expires June, 1st 2010.

Thanks, good luck.
Tatum

Post by Tatum »

Hi Eugene,

First of all, thanks for the fast reply.
In the Control panel (Regional settings), select the Polish language for non-Unicode-programs.
I looked into Regional settings and all is and was good, now and before. In Advanced tab, there is Polish language selected - not Russian. So I have nothing to change there. As a default subtitles still have Russian characters.
I checked, with offset no problems. If you use individual settings for the device, the offset must be set in them.
I checked it again, and see that I can change the size of the image (Wide, Smart, Zoom etc.) using the TV Set remote control. After I set the different size then the subtitles becomes readable. But there is still some cutting of the characters which have longer vertical part, for example "p", "g", "j" etc. I have set 10% frame offset but the subtitles are showed very close to the bootom edge. This evening I set the offset to 50% to see if subtitles are showed in the middle of the frame but nothing changed. The subtitles are showed at the bottom edge.
1. The trial mode expires June, 1st 2010.
Yes, I know about it. But I wonder what if this deadline is coming.

In my opinion, your server is very smart and usefull.

Other servers (I mean server's developers) do not know about existance of the subtitles and/or does not take into account that other people can speak different language than English.

I'am also a programmer, but in very different area of business. But I can image how many hours you had to spent on you software.

By the way, the tooltips are still showed in Russian language. I understand it - I learned Russian language at school, but all of them should be replaced into English language, in the final release.

Eugene, wishing you all the best, take care,
Marek
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi, Marek,
Tatum wrote: First of all, thanks for the fast reply.
I looked into Regional settings and all is and was good, now and before. In Advanced tab, there is Polish language selected - not Russian. So I have nothing to change there. As a default subtitles still have Russian characters.
Check the selected font in the Settings-Transcoder-"Subtitles, speed indiator"-Font.
I chose the Polish language in the Regional Settings and checked the test transcoding with Polish subtitles, there were no problems.
Tatum wrote:
I checked it again, and see that I can change the size of the image (Wide, Smart, Zoom etc.) using the TV Set remote control. After I set the different size then the subtitles becomes readable. But there is still some cutting of the characters which have longer vertical part, for example "p", "g", "j" etc. I have set 10% frame offset but the subtitles are showed very close to the bootom edge. This evening I set the offset to 50% to see if subtitles are showed in the middle of the frame but nothing changed. The subtitles are showed at the bottom edge.
Color padding turned on ? If you are set the subtitles offset through the navigation, then, in pixels, not percentages.
Tatum wrote: By the way, the tooltips are still showed in Russian language. I understand it - I learned Russian language at school, but all of them should be replaced into English language, in the final release.
If you tell me, where they were left untranslated, it is will fixed. Thanks.
Tatum

Post by Tatum »

Hi,
Untranslated tooltips are in Settings-Transcoder-"Subtitles, speed indiator"
Controls in the Subtitles checkbox: Size, Width, Transparent, Bootom offset,
Controls in the Active transcoding checkbox: Size, Border width, Transparent, Show indicator, Indicator offset,

Transcoder , tab Codecs, frame:
Controls in Frame size: Frame L, Frame T, Frame R, Frame B, Vertical spinner after Frame color

Regards,
Marek
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
Tatum wrote:
Untranslated tooltips are in Settings-Transcoder-"Subtitles, speed indiator"
Controls in the Subtitles checkbox: Size, Width, Transparent, Bootom offset,
Controls in the Active transcoding checkbox: Size, Border width, Transparent, Show indicator, Indicator offset,

Transcoder , tab Codecs, frame:
Controls in Frame size: Frame L, Frame T, Frame R, Frame B, Vertical spinner after Frame color
Thanks, will be fixed in next version.
Tatum

Post by Tatum »

[/quote]
Check the selected font in the Settings-Transcoder-"Subtitles, speed indiator"-Font.
I chose the Polish language in the Regional Settings and checked the test transcoding with Polish subtitles, there were no problems.
I tested all settings, of course I've set Central European language sript etc. unfortunately it does not work. Here is the screen shot of all related settings:
http://tatumwms.wrzuta.pl/obraz/powieksz/1obwfTRexfR

I give up. I do not now what can I do else. For now, I set "pol" fo all subtitles files for each film separately. The general settings does not work here, sorry.

Regards,
Marek
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Tatum wrote:I tested all settings, of course I've set Central European language sript etc. unfortunately it does not work. Here is the screen shot of all related settings:

I give up. I do not now what can I do else. For now, I set "pol" fo all subtitles files for each film separately. The general settings does not work here, sorry.
Which program version ?
Tatum

Post by Tatum »

Tatum wrote:
I tested all settings, of course I've set Central European language sript etc. unfortunately it does not work. Here is the screen shot of all related settings:

Which program version ?
The version is 0.72 dated on 01-14-2010

Marek
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Tatum wrote:
Tatum wrote:

Which program version ?
The version is 0.72 dated on 01-14-2010

Marek
Yes, this version has problems (http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... 1&f=3#p371). Perhaps today will be another version and it will be an additional fixes for subtitles (the problem with the files contained in file name [] and the use of language by default)