"Device disconnected"

Eugene

Re: "Device disconnected"

Post by Eugene »

Hi,

May be a problem with wireless connection. What connection is used (wired or wireless) ?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

I will try to reproduce the problem, but maybe it will take time.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Any additional actions on the device or computer during playback ?
rickymartin

Post by rickymartin »

Windows 7 has really strong hardware management regarding power saving. It is recommended to set up computer to full power consumtion in profiles. Maybe Windows is trying to save energy trought shutting down some device for example the lan card or something similar to this? It helped for me at home computer.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

At the moment the problem is not reproduced. If possible, you can try a direct connection the Computer - the TV, sometimes problems with routers. Playback without transcoding?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Maybe useful: Control Panel - Network and Internet - Network and Sharing Center - Change adapter settings - choose a connection - right click - Properties - Configure - Power management
crypton

Post by crypton »

Hi Nick,

I had disconnects too exactly as you described.
After some research I realized that this drops appear only when WMS transcodes the movies.
I reviewed all the settings I made especially to the transcoder configuration of the temporary files and it looks everything is working perfect now. I think (but I am not 100% sure) that the disconnects appear when "Transcoding buffer" and "Terminate transcoding, if the temporary file is not used during 300 seconds" are activated.

Try my settings from screenshot and let us know if they work to you too.

Regards,
DBO
Attachments
TempFiles.jpg
TempFiles.jpg (103.66 KiB) Viewed 7698 times