Which transcoding profile for which file types??

Greenduck

Which transcoding profile for which file types??

Post by Greenduck »

Hi

I'm using my Sony KDL32EX710 to play movies from my external HDD, using WMS. I have all different types of files; AVI, MP4, WMV and MKV.

If I use the "Movies - TsMuxer" transcoding profile I can play MKV files without issues, but MP4 files want play (black screen) and AVI and WMV is extremely pixelated.

If I use the "Movies (primary)_1920x1080" transcoding profile it will play all file types but when playing some MKV files the audio will start to get out of sync within 5-10 minutes. You can see information about the MKV files here: http://www.photosgraphein.net/CODEC1.jpg

Here are the rest of my settings:

Which transcoding profile or settings should I use to be able to play all files without any video/audio sync problems???
Eugene

Re: Which transcoding profile for which file types??

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
Greenduck wrote: Which transcoding profile or settings should I use to be able to play all files without any video/audio sync problems???
You need to buy a media player, that supports (without transcoding) all the files, that you want to use.

For different types of files, you can set own transcoding profile (Settings - Devices - choose a device - Settings - File types - choose a file type - Edit - Transcoding profile).
On the quality of video effect setting "Video bitrate", value depends on the device.
Greenduck

Re: Which transcoding profile for which file types??

Post by Greenduck »

Eugene wrote:Hi,
Greenduck wrote: Which transcoding profile or settings should I use to be able to play all files without any video/audio sync problems???
For different types of files, you can set own transcoding profile (Settings - Devices - choose a device - Settings - File types - choose a file type - Edit - Transcoding profile).
On the quality of video effect setting "Video bitrate", value depends on the device.
This is exactly what I was looking for. I can play all file types but I need to use different transcoding profiles to play all of the them without any issues.

Thanks!