How to change movie folder on PC

libero

How to change movie folder on PC

Post by libero »

Hi,

Does anybody know if it is possible to change the drive where movies are without the need to rebuild the DB (ie not loosing all the info from IMDb and the other sources ?)

Thanks

Libero
Eugene

Re: How to change movie folder on PC

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
libero wrote:
Does anybody know if it is possible to change the drive where movies are without the need to rebuild the DB (ie not loosing all the info from IMDb and the other sources ?)
Settings - Processing - "Save metadata media resources (current list)", "Load metadata media resources (current list)"
libero

Post by libero »

Eugene wrote:Hi,
libero wrote:
Settings - Processing - "Save metadata media resources (current list)", "Load metadata media resources (current list)"
It doesn't seem to work. What it is supposed to do ?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

libero wrote:
Eugene wrote:Hi,
libero wrote:
It doesn't seem to work. What it is supposed to do ?
What kind of problem ?
libero

Post by libero »

My HD broke. I need to move my whole Video folder frome z:\video to f:\video
I had all my movies with metadata taken from IMDB and i would like not to redo the whole thing. Is there any way ?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

What kind of problem with "Save metadata media resources (current list)", "Load metadata media resources (current list)" ?
libero

Post by libero »

I can save the metadata, rearrange the monitored folder to the new location and then load the metadata (Metadata loaded succesfully), but the movies have lost all the infos.

Perhaps I make some wrong steps.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

wmi-files contain meta-information ?
libero

Post by libero »

ok, it saves metadata (wmi files) only for the movies that are in the right path, the ones that were on the failed Hard drive are not saved. I can see them in the list with all the infos, but they do not get saved (no wmi file generated for them).
Is this right ?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Select the fodler in "Folder (Movies)" - click "Save metadata (cl)" or "Load metadata (cl)"

Description
Save metadata for the current list of media resources