Moved to a wireless connection

brettich

Moved to a wireless connection

Post by brettich »

I moved my WDTV Live to another room/TV where there is no hard-wired network so I purchased a supported wireless dongle. I no longer need a license for the wired connection but I need one for the wireless dongle. How do I get a replacement license key? I'm assuming the swap is free since I can't use both the wired and wireless at the same time...

Thanks,

Long time customer,

Bertrand.
Wild Media Server installed on: Windows Home Server (3Tb custom build)
Playback on: WDTV-Live via Yamaha RXV-1800 Receiver
Viewing on: 46" Samsung 6-Series LCD
meram

Re: Moved to a wireless connection

Post by meram »

brettich wrote:I moved my WDTV Live to another room/TV where there is no hard-wired network so I purchased a supported wireless dongle. I no longer need a license for the wired connection but I need one for the wireless dongle. How do I get a replacement license key? I'm assuming the swap is free since I can't use both the wired and wireless at the same time...

Thanks,

Long time customer,

Bertrand.
==========

Maby it's possible if you can at two wireless dongle seperated on the two TV 's of course. Than your wired server is connected to one one tv and that same tv can interact with the other tv.

Just a guess
brettich

Post by brettich »

Maby it's possible if you can at two wireless dongle seperated on the two TV 's of course. Than your wired server is connected to one one tv and that same tv can interact with the other tv
Thanks but I still only have ONE WDTV Live connected to ONE TV over wireless (was wired). Since my network MAC addr. has changed my license key no longer works and I need a new one. BUT I already paid for a license on the WDTV Live, I'm just using the same player over wireless now, and it seems unfair to pay for a new license....

BR
Wild Media Server installed on: Windows Home Server (3Tb custom build)
Playback on: WDTV-Live via Yamaha RXV-1800 Receiver
Viewing on: 46" Samsung 6-Series LCD
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

http://www.wildmediaserver.com/buy.php

1. For each media device requires its own license (activation code). If the device has a different connection types (wired and wireless) and you want to use both types of connections, that require different licenses (different Device Codes).

4. If you do not have enough trial period to test the program or if you have already bought a license and want to test it out with another device, you can apply by mail info@wildmediaserver.com for a free activation code on 15 days (required the Device Code).

8. The purchased license cannot be exchanged (except the replacement of devices on the device manufacturer's warranty) and cannot revert back (you have 15 + 15 days to trial program).

In any case, I recommend you get a test license for 15 days.