Transoding from dvd-images, mkv and mov doesn't work well

giovanoti

Transoding from dvd-images, mkv and mov doesn't work well

Post by giovanoti »

I test WMS since some days.
Nice App with many setup alternative.

I used my Win7/64Bit Desktop PC (Phenom X4 3,6Ghz/4GB Ram) is via Belkin N1 WLan-Router (IEEE802.11n) as an Mediacenter for my new Samsung LE46C650 (Full HD).
The Samsung TV is connected via Wlan Stick (IEEE802.11n).
At first i try the media center with the Samsung Media Center App,
it works very fine but couldn't read all media files.

I have differenet typs of media resource which should be transcoded in Full HD for the TV. Most types are mov, avi, mkv, mp4 und dvd iso's.

The Problem: mkv & dvd-iso's doesn't work fine with transoding in Full HD, stopps after 30-40 sek, after the stop ist showed WG... and after some seconds the movie continuing. With HD-Ready format it work, but i bought an full HD and like it too see it in Full HD. Also figure and audio is not synchronal at mov. files.

* is there anything too make the transcoding a quicker?
* should i install an transcoding app?
* mkv could be played at my Tv without transcoding, is it possible to send it with wms without transcoding?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Eugene

Re: Transoding from dvd-images, mkv and mov doesn't work wel

Post by Eugene »

Try use configuration "Samsung Features TV (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)" or "Samsung BD Player (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)"

Disable transcoding Settings - Device - Embedded file support - Movies - *
or
Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - Embedded file support - Movies - *
giovanoti

Re: Transoding from dvd-images, mkv and mov doesn't work wel

Post by giovanoti »

Thanks a lot.

I try "Samsung Features TV (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)" and "Samsung BD Player (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)"
But TV said no Mediasource available.

I also used the 1280 x 720, but there is still the old problem that transoding did n't work well.
My testperiod is nearly over and i've spend a lot oft time to find the right setup.

I think it's better to burn the movies und play it via dvd or blueray, there are no problems.
Also i think dlna is no up to date, it's a marketing stuff to push the sales.