DTS Audio CD support

genoso

DTS Audio CD support

Post by genoso »

Hi,

I guess you are aware there are DTS Audio CDs which are standard Audio CDs which tracks instead of containing a PCM bitstream contains a DTS bitstream. These Discs can be ripped as .wav files, but their bitstream shall be sent to a DTS AV receiver unmodified, if they are interpreted as PCM the output sound is just noise.

I will be pleased if this format is supported by WMS, so I can rip all my DTS Audio CDs into an HD and have all the repository available. So far I have tried ripping Audio tracks with .wav and .dts extension but the output I get on my configuration is noise, not the DTS audio tracks.

I use a samsung TV profile, which supports DTS directly.

Is it feasible to configure or adding something to WMS to support this?

Regards.
Eugene

Re: DTS Audio CD support

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
genoso wrote:
I guess you are aware there are DTS Audio CDs which are standard Audio CDs which tracks instead of containing a PCM bitstream contains a DTS bitstream. These Discs can be ripped as .wav files, but their bitstream shall be sent to a DTS AV receiver unmodified, if they are interpreted as PCM the output sound is just noise.

I will be pleased if this format is supported by WMS, so I can rip all my DTS Audio CDs into an HD and have all the repository available. So far I have tried ripping Audio tracks with .wav and .dts extension but the output I get on my configuration is noise, not the DTS audio tracks.

I use a samsung TV profile, which supports DTS directly.

Is it feasible to configure or adding something to WMS to support this?

Regards.
Transcoding profiles "Music (WAV-DTS)", "Music - DVD-Audio"
genoso

Post by genoso »

Thanks Eugene,

It seems fine with "Music (WAV-DTS)" but then I got PCM audio and the point is to get the DTS one. Any suggestion?

Regards.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

genoso wrote: It seems fine with "Music (WAV-DTS)" but then I got PCM audio and the point is to get the DTS one. Any suggestion?
TV supports DTS via USB ?
genoso

Post by genoso »

Yes it does, and it supports it via DLNA playing movies as well. Its a Samsung PS50C550
genoso

Post by genoso »

Any news regarding this issue! I am really interested in listening my DTS CDs through WMS.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Samsung TVs does not play dts-files via USB and DLNA