Subs & WDTV Live

Lo Zio

Subs & WDTV Live

Post by Lo Zio »

Eugene, Wild Media Server seems to me a lot more powerful and efficient than the competition: I congratulate you!
I am running on Windows 7 (64 bit) and I have a WDTV Live.
WMS version installed is 0.72 of 02.19.2010. I set Media Device in 'Settings' to WDTV Media Live.
The problem is that everything works well with my movies without any transcoding, but I can't see any subtitles.
I added "srt" in the Embedded File Support list (Movies), as advised elsewhere, and I emptied the Transcoding Profile field in 'Transcoding', but still srt subs don't show.
If I click the + sign on an .avi resource in the Movie List that has related subs, I get a stream list complete with subtitles, so I guess that WMS tries to stream the subs, too. But the WDTV says that no subs for that movie are available.
The WDTV plays ok the same movie and its subs if I play from a USB stick instead of WMS.
What am I doing wrong?
Thank you for your attention,

Franco
Eugene

Re: Subs & WDTV Live

Post by Eugene »

Lo Zio wrote:I am running on Windows 7 (64 bit) and I have a WDTV Live.
WMS version installed is 0.72 of 02.19.2010. I set Media Device in 'Settings' to WDTV Media Live.
The problem is that everything works well with my movies without any transcoding, but I can't see any subtitles.
I added "srt" in the Embedded File Support list (Movies), as advised elsewhere, and I emptied the Transcoding Profile field in 'Transcoding', but still srt subs don't show.
If I click the + sign on an .avi resource in the Movie List that has related subs, I get a stream list complete with subtitles, so I guess that WMS tries to stream the subs, too. But the WDTV says that no subs for that movie are available.
The WDTV plays ok the same movie and its subs if I play from a USB stick instead of WMS.
What am I doing wrong?
WDTV Live does not support subtitles via DLNA, but you can get subtitles with transcoding (via the folder Transcoding). Selecting the subtitle in folder Settings (via navigation), or in the track list movie on right click "mouse". It is better to update the program to 0.72.5.