transcoding always stops

timbo

transcoding always stops

Post by timbo »

transcoding isn't slow or creating files so large the system can't handle it, yet for some reason it always stops around the 20 - 30 minute mark for no reason.
what settings should i change to fix this. ideally i'd like to transcode everything up to 1080p
Eugene

Re: transcoding always stops

Post by Eugene »

timbo wrote:transcoding isn't slow or creating files so large the system can't handle it, yet for some reason it always stops around the 20 - 30 minute mark for no reason.
what settings should i change to fix this. ideally i'd like to transcode everything up to 1080p
Settings-Transcoder-Codec, frame - File format - MPEGTS (Samsung read only 1024 MB - size vob)
timbo

Post by timbo »

ha, spot on as always. thanks.
maybury

Post by maybury »

Hi,

I have a similar problem where a MPG file that seems to transcode OK but the saved transcode file size is about 2/3rds the size of the original MPG file. During play back the transcoded file stops after about 20-30 minutes.

Original MPG file plays ok with VLC.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
timbo

Post by timbo »

follow eugenes fix. it works.
maybury

Post by maybury »

I had this problem a while back and it was sort with the suggestions made by Eugene and as you say it worked. Couple of days ago I started having the problem again.

Yesterday I tried the same file but this time via a PS3 and it was fine so I can only think it's something to do with my Samsung LCD / wireless network, altough the Samsung is closer to the router than the PS3.

Cheers.