I don't want it to transcode.

weaver4

I don't want it to transcode.

Post by weaver4 »

I have a video and I have encoded the video into a mkv and mp4 container.

When I play the mp4 file it transcode and I don't want it to. Same content in a mkv file and it doesn.t.

I am using a WDTV-Live box.

I think it has something to do with the MP4 file has chapter markers in it.

Is there anyway to tell wms not to transcode a file at all? I would rather it not transcode any files?
corveck

Re: I don't want it to transcode.

Post by corveck »

Add MP4 to the Embedded file types list.

I believe it's on the Settings --> Device tab

Had same problem, MP4 wouldn't play transcoded (unknown file type), but it played native :)
Added MP4 to the list and voila :)
Livingroom: Panasonic 50PZ80 + HDI Dune BD Prime 3.0 + Marantz SR-5004 + Mordaunt Short Alumni 5.1
Bedroom: Samsung LE32B652 + Popcornhour A100
weaver4

Post by weaver4 »

MP4 is on the list.

I took the chapter list out and now it does not transcode. How do I tell it not to transcode with the chapters in. I think the chapters are like subtitles, at least the chapter numbers show up on the bottom of the screen when the video's are playing.
djo_34

Post by djo_34 »

I never want transcoding, so I set the MAX FILE SIZE in TRANSCODER -> TRANSCODING FILE PARAMS to 1 Byte for Music, Movies, etc.

This is the only thing I can think of until Eugene adds a feature to simply TURN OFF transcoding.

I have not seen any transcoding, so maybe my workaround worked.
weaver4

Post by weaver4 »

I tries setting the max file size to 1 byte, restarted my system; and it still transcodes.

What should I try next?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

weaver4 wrote:I tries setting the max file size to 1 byte, restarted my system; and it still transcodes.

What should I try next?
On the right-button mouse, clear profile transcoding, if there are subtitles, clear the subtitle selection (yellow row in track list). When you select the movie through the folder Transcoding, exists the folder Original.