Live transcoding pauses

joaobarb

Live transcoding pauses

Post by joaobarb »

I use live transcoding to stream to my Sony EX520 with subtitles. I usually select manually, on the TV, the profile Movies (primary)_1920x1080 because by default the audio and video get out of sync.

When I play a .mkv file the play pauses by itself very often, and to resume, I have to rewind a bit and play again.

I have experimented changing a few configurations, including larger buffer sizes, but the problem continues. My pc is a i7-950 with 12gb of ram, so I doubt that is the issue, even with mkv high quality files. It's connected to the tv by ethernet cable.

I attach some pictures of my configurations, if there's anything else you need, please ask.

I have a second issue, about pre-transcoding. When I do it, the subtitles bottom offset doesn't work well, and subtitles are placed right on the bottom, and it's not confortable to read, that's why I don't just pre-transcode always.
Attachments
wms_transcoder.JPG
wms_transcoder.JPG (101.37 KiB) Viewed 5046 times
wms_dlna.JPG
wms_dlna.JPG (88.33 KiB) Viewed 5046 times
wms_codecs.JPG
wms_codecs.JPG (93.22 KiB) Viewed 5046 times
khalighi

Re: Live transcoding pauses

Post by khalighi »

For MKV files change the transcoding profile to "Digital television (DVB)- DVPiper"
mauriciojxs

Re: Live transcoding pauses

Post by mauriciojxs »

Hello,

I have the same problem. I tried changing the profile, but still the same.
Is there a way to take advantages of the fact that my TV supports MKV files? I mean, I don't need to convert the file format, and it looks to be consumming a lot of processor.
Can I add the subtitles, but still keeping all the other movie file characteristics?

Thanks,
Mauricio