dng Raw picture file handling

Ursuppe

dng Raw picture file handling

Post by Ursuppe »

Hi, I really like WMS, it smoothly works together with my Samsung BDB-6900 and displays most videos without any flaws. However, I have some issues with handling / displaying my RAW pictures (Adobe dng files), and would be happy if somone could help me in this respect.

* "keywords" are not extracted, the respective column remains empty
* the "date" is not read properly, it says 1.1.1970 for all files
* As the size of the frames, the original dimension of the raw file is used, not from the embedded jpeg. My dng files have 4:3 format (3664x2736 pixel), but to prepare them for the TV screen, I crop the pics to 16:9 format (3664x2052 pixel) in Lightroom 3 and save the preview jpg in the dng file. When I double-click this dng from within WMS, Faststone Image viewer opens and displays the image correctly in 16:9. The image-size column in WMS, however, still shows 3664x2736 pixel, and on the TV the cropped image is displayed distorted in 4:3. Only after manually editing the information 3664x2052 in WMS, the picture ist displayed correctly.

So my question is if there a way for me to configure WMS so that is reads keywords, time and dimension of the cropped preview image out of an Adobe dng file? :?:

Thank you very much for your help,

Michael
Eugene

Re: dng Raw picture file handling

Post by Eugene »

Hi,

In the next version will be changes for dng-files (support for ppm-thumbnails, reading keywords). Unfortunately, I found no problems with date, if you can provide samples (link or support@wildmediaserver.com), I will try to fix.