Transcoding WTV files cuts in the middle

WeBe

Transcoding WTV files cuts in the middle

Post by WeBe »

When transcoding, live or pre-transcoding, WTV files, my server always stops transcoding in the middle of the videos. No error or any other information is logged. Could it be that the transcoder doesn't know how long the video is? The following is the only suspect information I see in the log:

"[wtv @ 023ba670] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate"

I'm using the Movies (primary)_1280_720 profile, and I have version 1.11.4.

Any fix or solution to this?

/Staffan
Eugene

Re: Transcoding WTV files cuts in the middle

Post by Eugene »

Have you checked the file after the test transcoding, the problem exists ?
WeBe

Post by WeBe »

Yes, I have checked them. In fact, now I configured to transcode the whole Recorded TV's folder, which of course only contains WTV's. None of the videos transcoded correctly. This seems to be a serious problem. If you look at the attached picture, all orilginal shows are 63 mins long, except one which is 2,5 hours.

What I really want to do is to auto-transcode all files that i record on a nightly basis. But there seems to be two problems here; first the transcoding part doesn't seem to work (very problematic). Second, the scripts seem to only work in the UI, and not in service mode. I have a server, and of course I need it to execute in service mode.
Attachments
TranscodedVideos.png
TranscodedVideos.png (11.07 KiB) Viewed 5002 times
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Unfortunately all my wtv-files without any problems and transcoded without problems. If I find a corrupted wtv-files, I'll let you know something.