Podcast - Favorite, Saving

noki388

Podcast - Favorite, Saving

Post by noki388 »

Currently trialling WMS with my WDTV steaming media player. Manage to get iView podcast working reasonably well.

Just wondering if it is possible to save a podcast (not the individual videos) as a favorite as currently have to dive through many folders on my WDTV just to get to the particular podcast. I tried shifting it using the WMS software as well as on the WDTV itself (favorites button) but nothing works.

Also can you save the video from a podcast onto your hard-drive.

Thanks
Eugene

Re: Podcast - Favorite, Saving

Post by Eugene »

noki388 wrote:Currently trialling WMS with my WDTV steaming media player. Manage to get iView podcast working reasonably well.

Just wondering if it is possible to save a podcast (not the individual videos) as a favorite as currently have to dive through many folders on my WDTV just to get to the particular podcast. I tried shifting it using the WMS software as well as on the WDTV itself (favorites button) but nothing works.
You can use drag and drop from List [Movies] to the folder "Favorites"
noki388 wrote: Also can you save the video from a podcast onto your hard-drive.
Settings - Transcoder - "Pre-transcoding" - "Finished files directory" - specify a directory for files
Settings - "Media-resources" - Processing - "Download podcast" - Edit - click "Button on the main form"

List [Movies] - select a link - click "Download podcast" - after download is complete, should be a message in the message log
noki388

Post by noki388 »

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Sorry if I was not clear but I would like to save the podcast itself not the individual movies. For example, under the ABC iView podcast, there is a category folder, then an ABC 1 folder. I would like to save ABC 1 into favorites so that all the shows under ABC 1 will show up. These folders do not show up in the list (movies) column which only has the shows/episodes themselves.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

You can make a link to folder ABC1, but new folder will not have the abilities of podcast folder

Folder "Collections" - right click - "Add folder"

Title: ABC1
Type: Dynamic (script)
click "Script"
Expression:

Code: Select all

WmsDatabaseLinkFolder('4606434f-5ea7-41f3-8458-4e568872a986', FolderItem.ItemID)
'4606434f-5ea7-41f3-8458-4e568872a986 ' is value from auiview.wdf