DVD image folder structure

bhwsyd

DVD image folder structure

Post by bhwsyd »

Hi all

Sorry, I've done some searching but not sure of the answer to this one.

I have a very large number of ISO images that scan readily into the Images directory. However it is a flat directory structure. Hence I get a list a few hundred to sort through on my WD TV Live.

Is there any way for WMS to show images in a directory structure similar to Folders or Genres that I use successfully for single video files?
Eugene

Re: DVD image folder structure

Post by Eugene »

Hi,

Select the folder Collections - right click - "Add folder"

Title: Iso Images
Type: Dynamic (script)
click Script
Expression:

Code: Select all

var 
  i: Integer;
  IsoImagesFolder: TWmsScriptMediaItem;  
begin
  IsoImagesFolder := WmsFindMediaFolder(mfVideoIsoImagesItemID);
  if IsoImagesFolder <> nil then
    for i := 0 to IsoImagesFolder.ChildCount - 1 do                                                              
      WmsDatabaseLinkFolder(IsoImagesFolder.ChildItems[i].ItemID,
           FolderItem.AddFolder(IsoImagesFolder.ChildItems[i].Properties[mpiFilePath]).ItemID, False);           
end.
Ok - Ok
bhwsyd

Post by bhwsyd »

That's brilliant, thank you very much. That makes it much easier to navigate.

Presently, I will typically choose Cell 00 to watch the video within an ISO image.

The WD TV Live will play ISO images with menu navigation from 'Network Shares'; however I'm guessing media server protocols don't support mounting an ISO image in this manner?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

bhwsyd wrote:That's brilliant, thank you very much. That makes it much easier to navigate.

Presently, I will typically choose Cell 00 to watch the video within an ISO image.

The WD TV Live will play ISO images with menu navigation from 'Network Shares'; however I'm guessing media server protocols don't support mounting an ISO image in this manner?
Media servers provide access to any part of iso-file. Just no media players, that work with iso-file via http.