Problems with MKV/MP4 and CoreAVC...

Greenduck

Problems with MKV/MP4 and CoreAVC...

Post by Greenduck »

Hi

I've just installed CoreAVC 2.5.5.0 and under "File Types" in WMS I've choosen "Movies - CoreAVC" as transcoding profile for MKV, MP4 and MTS.

When playing MKV files the video begins to be out of sync. Sound is ahead with maybe 2 seconds. In the beginning it's fine but the issue occurs after 10-20 minutes.

Also, when trying to play MP4 files is says "Error (code: 80004005) - unspecified error" under the "Message Log".

I have CoreAVC, AC3Filter, FFDShow and Haali Media Splitter installed. My TV is a Sony Bravia KDL32EX710 and I've choosen "Sony TV (DLNA, 16:9, 1920x1080)" as device type.

Any settings I should change?
Eugene

Re: Problems with MKV/MP4 and CoreAVC...

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
Greenduck wrote:
I've just installed CoreAVC 2.5.5.0 and under "File Types" in WMS I've choosen "Movies - CoreAVC" as transcoding profile for MKV, MP4 and MTS.

When playing MKV files the video begins to be out of sync. Sound is ahead with maybe 2 seconds. In the beginning it's fine but the issue occurs after 10-20 minutes.
Via the folder Transcoding you can to choose playback from any minute.
Greenduck wrote: Also, when trying to play MP4 files is says "Error (code: 80004005) - unspecified error" under the "Message Log".
Settings - Transcoder - Profiles - "Movies - CoreAVC" - Edit
Find

Code: Select all

bMpegTS := SameText(mpFileType, 'mpegts');
Replace with

Code: Select all

bMpegTS := SameText(mpFileType, 'mpegts') or (Pos('mp4', mpFileType) > 0);
Ok - Ok - Ok